Seismic Acquisition, Processing, and Migration - SAP - Virtual, Blended Short CoursePetroSkills
Seismic Acquisition, Processing, and Migration - SAP - Virtual, Blended Short Course
This short course is a blend of self-paced online modules, virtual instructor-led lectures, problem assignments, virtual instructor-led problem debriefs with real-world application examples and knowledge sharing.
Over two days, this course includes approximately 2 hours of virtual, instructor-led training, plus 6.5 hours of e-Learning. See full schedule.
This PetroAcademy short course is designed to familiarize anyone using seismic data with how seismic data is acquired processed and migrated to form a section that can be used by an interpreter. One of the key goals is to explain the large and confusing amount of jargon that is used by the geophysical community when they use seismic data.
This short course is part of our Basic Geophysics (BGP) program.
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
- Marine Data Acquisition
- Land Data Acquisition
- Exercise: Acquisition and Processing Fold (Trace Density)
- Seismic Velocities
- Overview of Seismic Data Processing
- Producting the Seismic Image
- Seismic Migration
- Velocity Analysis Reading
- Acquisition Reading
- QC for Seismic Processing
- Seismic Processing Basics Reading
- Introduction to Migration Reading
Certification / Credits
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe the marine configuration for a 3D survey including:
- Components used for data acquisition
- Arrays to attenuate noise
- Bin gathering as a CMP assemblage of reflections
- Describe the land configuration for a 3D survey including:
- Bin gathering for a land 3D survey
- Compare the costs of 2D and 3D surveys
- Describe processing flow
- Explain the concept of deconvolution
- Identify what the processors do to produce the seismic image
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team