Practical Seismic Exploration and Development - One-week course in applied geophysics
Seismic geophysics is a crucial tool for hydrocarbon exploration and development. This week-long program is designed to provide delegates with the fundamentals and practical applications of seismic principles, including aspects of acquisition, processing, and interpretation. Course materials place special emphasis on interpretation aspects and workflow.
Key topics for this practical course include:
- survey design for maximizing interpretational goals such as multicomponent and azimuthal surveys,
- processing techniques including prestack versus poststack migration
- visualization and presentation techniques
- general 2D/3D/4D interpretational techniques
- a variety of principles including various pitfalls of seismic interpretation, integration of seismic data and other datasets (especially well data), and attribute and AVO/AVA analyses.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for geophysicists requiring an hands-on understanding of the use of seismic data in early exploration efforts through later development and reservoir characterization phases.
Those best suited for course will likely work as:
- Reservoir Engineers
- Exploration/Production Managers
Participants must provide their own laptops when sitting this course
To learn more about course suitability, please request information here
Training topics for this Practical Seismic Exploration and Development program include:
- Introduction to Seismic Geophysics: seismic interpretation and reservoir analysis.
- Seismic Reflection Surveying
- Seismic Interpretation Principles
- Seismic Attribute Analysis
- Reservoir Identification and Evaluation
- Seismic Petrophysics and Data Integration
- Case Histories of Seismic Exploration and Reservoir Evaluation
- Emerging and Alternative Technologies
The cost of this Practical Seismic Exploration and Development program in Houston is $3,350 USD
Course fees include printed and digital copies of course lecture and exercise material.
All SCA programs and workshops are available to be conducted as company-specific training, customized to fit the needs of your organization. Contact SCA to receive a quote for tailor-made training and discuss options for bringing this program in-house for your company.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of this one-week program, participants will have a clear understanding of:
- Seismic wave types and propagation, and elastic properties.
- Seismic acquisition fundamentals and new technologies.
- Seismic processing fundamentals and new methods.
- Seismic interpretation fundamentals and modern techniques.
- The basics of seismic attributes, AVO/AVA, and inversion.
Continuing Education Units
This course is worth 4.0 CEUS
Contact this provider
Subsurface Consultants & Associates LLC - Training and Consultancy for the Oil & Gas Industry
Founded in Houston, TX in 1988, SCA has been providing petroleum sector professionals of all levels of experience with the highest quality continuing education and technical training in the industry. SCA has worked with petroleum companies from all around the...