Seismic Mapping - SEM - Virtual, Blended Short Course
This short course is a blend of self-paced online modules, virtual instructor-led lectures, problem assignments, virtual instructor-led problem debriefs with real-world application examples and knowledge sharing.
Over two days, this course includes approximately 4 hours of virtual, instructor-led training, plus 3.5 hours of e-Learning. See full schedule
This PetroAcademy short course is designed to familiarize anyone using seismic data in the principles of how to map an interpretation made from seismic data. One of the key goals is to explain the large and confusing amount of jargon that is used by the geophysical community when they use seismic data.
This short course is part of our Basic Geophysics (BGP) program.
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
- Instructor-led session
- e-Learning Seismic Mapping Interpretation exercise
- Optional - Seismic Attributes for Prospect Identification and Reservoir Characterization Articles
- Instructor Debrief / Problems
Certification / Credits
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify the layout of a 3D seismic survey
- Turn the interpretation into a data reduction process, resulting in an interpretation and a structural map originally in time
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...