Building Conflict-Free Relationships
Tools for Working with Anyone
Whatever your position, you must interact effectively with other people to get work done. And within every work environment, conflict is inevitable.
Your success is defined by how you develop and maintain positive working relationships with everyone around you. Making the situation worse is that today we are all overworked and overwhelmed.
Whether it's your boss, colleagues, or direct reports, people are prone to react emotionally or push their own agendas instead of focusing on what you are trying to communicate. These behaviors can lead to conflict in the form of misunderstanding, frustration, and work delays.
Here's your chance to get immediate solutions for turning around difficult relationships and creating a climate where everyone feels valued and respected. This webinar provides the concrete tactics, sage advice, and proven techniques for alleviating the challenge and discomfort in all your relationships.
About Your Instructor
Dr. Bill Thallemer is a high-energy, visionary, and decisive senior executive with a history of success in building and developing highly successful teams in dynamic and fluid environments. Dr. Thallemer has held executive leadership positions in education as the president of a college, in healthcare as the president of an international healthcare group who built and managed healthcare facilities in Asia, India, Latin America, and the UAE, and in business as the president of a Lean Six Sigma consultancy organization. He is a leadership and change management expert with over 15 years of teaching leadership at the doctoral level and providing change management strategies and techniques for organizations.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this , you will be able to:
- Define the five types of work behaviors and describe how to build relationships through the types.
- Understand the difference between “never going to change” vs. “open to change.”
- Explain the Lucky 7 and how it can build positive work relationships.
- Discover how to find commonalities between workers using the five ‘sweet spot’ approaches.
- Understand how to manage workplace conflict with active listening, facts and commonalities.
- Demonstrate how to maintain a positive work relationship using the HOST model.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Business professionals who want to reduce interpersonal conflict and discomfort by building positive work relationships with everyone at work.
Attend this program to discover simple yet powerful guidelines and ground rules for establishing and maintaining positive relationships, including:
- Understanding which of the five types of behaviors you’ll face and knowing how to respond to each
- How to use the “Lucky 7” to build positive connections with others
- How to take the emotions out of charged situations and not get reactive
- Strategies for building relationships in areas where the other person is “open to change”
- Tips for managing conflict between team members
- How to foster positive relationships using the 4-step HOST mode
- Non Members: $199
- AMA Members: $199
- GSA: $199
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...