Managing ConflictLausanne Business Solutions
All available course dates
No two people feel, think, or behave identically. When there are differences among us, some degree of conflict is inevitable. Research shows that a majority of the problems that arise among employees in an organization result from ineffective communication—after all, many of us spend large portions of our workday in face-to-face interactions.
This course will help participants develop crucial communication skills to reduce misunderstandings and conflict at work. Whether participants are early in their career or seasoned leaders, they will be given tools to deal with, and resolve, formal and informal conflicts. Furthermore, participants will learn strategies to improve self- and team management abilities. Importantly, participants will realize that conflict need not be negative. Instead, it can be harnessed to strengthen innovation, productivity, and even team cohesiveness in organizations.
In this course, participants will learn:
- The biological basis of conflict
- The predominant causes of conflict
- The conflict continuum, the optimal time to address conflict
- To define various conflict modes
- The strategic and tactical role of empathy
- Ask questions to elicit information and understand others
- Begin to understand the motivations of self and others
- Deal with difficult people and situations
- Prepare for and engage in difficult conversations
- Break down relationship barriers
- Communicate assertively but not abrasively
- Handle criticism and aggressive individuals
- Neutralize resistance and build acceptance
- Listen actively and effectively
- Foster team cohesiveness
- Champion and propel change
- Build Trust
- Build high efficacy communication environments
Lausanne Business Solutions (LBS)
Lausanne Business Solutions (LBS) provides research-based and expert delivered trainings in a variety of strategic employee and leadership development areas. Classes emphasize active-learning and are highly experiential. Our trainings facilitate real behavioral change and deliver increased individual and team performance....
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team