Achieving Leadership Success Through People
The most successful leaders are those with the best people skills, especially during the most difficult circumstances. Poor communication and interpersonal relationships routinely thwart leaders who are otherwise technically competent. In order to succeed, leaders must be fully engaged with the individuals who make up their organization. Focusing skill-by-skill on P.E.O.P.L.E. (Professionalism, Empathy, Optimism, Partnering, Loyalty and Empowering) this seminar can help anyone in a position of leadership to better demonstrate caring as well as courage, and to use a P.E.O.P.L.E. approach to achieve maximum results.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the components of professionalism and the importance of setting a good example
- Coach and develop your direct reports/colleagues to be more hopeful and empathetic as they develop greater professionalism
- Create genuine partnerships and unity with, and among, direct reports/colleagues
- Be more optimistic through reframing, resilience and positive language skills
- Learn and apply the components of loyalty to create “loyal followership”
- Trust and empower your direct reports/colleagues more
Upcoming start dates
14 February, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
13 March, 2024
- New York City
6 May, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
10 June, 2024
- San Francisco
Who should attend?
Senior managers, directors, vice presidents and other executives, as well as midlevel managers and others in positions of leadership.
- Professionalism: character, composure, commitment, communication, competence and caring
- Empathy: connecting and building rapport, understanding others and valuing strengths
- Optimism: enthusiasm, eagerness to learn and teach, and resilience
- Partnership: collaboration (vs. competition), creating synergy and teamwork
- Loyalty: building energetic followers who persevere and are accountable to self and others
- Empowerment: delegating, teaching, coaching and entrusting
- Non Members: $2995
- AMA Members: $2695
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.8, PDU: 18, CPE: 21
Average rating 5
Yvonne was knowledgeable and kept us engaged in active learning. I really appreciated her style and her ability to make the virtual environment feel like I was in the room with ...
This faculty-lead training leadership topic was bought to life by the instructor/facilitator (Yvonne Brown). There was excellent content put forward and outstanding guidance on ...
Videos, interaction and role playing were all very helpful because you got knowledge from other people's experiences and not just the instructor.
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...