Women's Leadership Certificate ProgramAMA - American Management Association
Women's Leadership Certificate Program
All available course dates
Women's Leadership Certificate Program
Women at every level of an organization can be strong leaders—bringing essential skills like team leadership, strategic thinking and business acumen to their roles. To flourish as a leader, a woman needs not only the skills to lead, but a dynamic voice that can be heard and followed. This unique 2-day program will provide you with the knowledge and tools to present yourself as a present and future leader, and to speak up and create value for your organization no matter what your role is. You’ll go beyond the fundamentals of communication and assertiveness skills and explore vision, negotiation and strategy—as well as powerful techniques to enable you to find your leadership voice and lead with courage and conviction.
First, the course will focus on self-awareness and effectively leading yourself. Next, your focus will shift to leading others and presenting yourself as someone who creates and adds value.
Who should attend?
Professional women at all levels who wish to take on a leadership role, advance their careers, or build leadership competencies to contribute more to their teams and organizations.
- Recognize Leadership as a Specific Way of Thinking That Combines Business Acumen, Vision, and Introspection
- Explore the Crucial Leadership Skills Organizations Demand
- Find Your True, Dynamic Voice as a Leader and Shape an Authentic Leadership Message
- Overcome Preconceived Notions That Can Sabotage Women in Business
- Present Yourself As Someone Who Adds Value to the Organization
- Increase Your Confidence and Be Comfortable with Risk Taking
Leading with Courage and Conviction
- Define leadership and how it differs from management.
- Recognize that you create a competitive edge in your organization.
- Use courage and conviction to speak up, advocate for your team, and create value for your organization.
- Identify the four domains of successful leadership.
Our Leadership Voice
- Describe the components of a compelling leadership voice.
- Discover your authentic voice as a leader and how to communicate it with conviction.
- Demonstrate when and how to adjust your voice to effectively inspire results.
- Overcome biases to your leadership voice.
- Understand the importance of role modeling and creating a feedback culture.
How to Craft a Compelling Message
- Apply a simple methodology to craft ideas quickly and powerfully.
- Communicate your desired results outcomes to different audiences.
- Explain your ideas courageously while being clear and concise.
- Describe a compelling business case that stands out to various stakeholders.
Communicating the Strategic Direction
- Define strategy from an organizational view.
- Define strategic direction and its importance to daily work.
- Identify the five key questions leaders ask regularly.
- Explain how to inspire innovation.
Communicating the Strategic Direction (Continued)
- Communicate a strategic direction with passion, courage, and conviction.
- Determine future needs using SWOT for risk analysis.
Demonstrating Value as a Leader
- Identify your strategic network and how to improve it.
- Describe organizational politics.
- Describe the four keys to successfully navigate organizational politics for your career and your teams.
- Align your team to the bottom line and know how they create value.
The Leader as Negotiator
- Determine what you can negotiate.
- Assess your dominant negotiation style and how it aligns with your leadership voice.
- Discern when another negotiation style is necessary and have the conviction to use it.
- Understand the four elements for successful negotiation.
Putting It All Together: Creating value as a Leader in your organization
- Apply all the skills, tools, and strategies covered in the program.
The course is priced as follows: $2995 - Non-members
$2695 - AMA members
$2552 - GSA price
Certification / Credits
Upon completing this unique course, you’ll receive a special AMA Women’s Leadership Certificate, indicating that you’ve received in-person, hands-on training in leadership areas that are crucial for women who lead in business.
- Recognize leadership as a specific way of thinking that combines business acumen, vision and introspection
- Explore crucial leadership skills organizations demand
- Find your true, dynamic voice as a leader and shape an authentic leadership message
- Overcome preconceived notions that can sabotage women in business
- Present yourself as someone who adds value to the organization
- Increase your confidence and get comfortable with risk taking
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training