Women's Leadership Certificate ProgramAMA - American Management Association
Place & Start
Women's Leadership Certificate Program
All available course dates
Women's Leadership Certificate Program
Leadership Certificate Program
Women at every level of an organization can be strong leaders—bringing essential skills like team leadership, strategic thinking and business acumen to their roles. To flourish as a leader, a woman needs not only the skills to lead, but a dynamic voice that can be heard and followed. This unique 2-day program will provide you with the knowledge and tools to present yourself as a present and future leader, and to speak up and create value for your organization no matter what your role is. You’ll go beyond the fundamentals of communication and assertiveness skills and explore vision, negotiation and strategy—as well as powerful techniques to enable you to find your leadership voice and lead with courage and conviction.
First, the course will focus on self-awareness and effectively leading yourself. Next, your focus will shift to leading others and presenting yourself as someone who creates and adds value.
How You Will Benefit
- Recognize leadership as a specific way of thinking that combines business acumen, vision and introspection
- Explore crucial leadership skills organizations demand
- Find your TRUE, dynamic voice as a leader and shape an authentic leadership message
- Overcome preconceived notions that can sabotage women in business
- Present yourself as someone who adds value to the organization
- Increase your confidence and get comfortable with risk taking
Who should attend?
Professional women at all levels who wish to take on a leadership role, advance their careers, or build leadership competencies to contribute more to their teams and organizations.
- Recognize Leadership as a Specific Way of Thinking That Combines Business Acumen, Vision, and Introspection
- Explore the Crucial Leadership Skills Organizations Demand
- Find Your TRUE, Dynamic Voice as a Leader and Shape an Authentic Leadership Message
- Overcome Preconceived Notions That Can Sabotage Women in Business
- Present Yourself As Someone Who Adds Value to the Organization
- Increase Your Confidence and Be Comfortable with Risk Taking
Leading with Courage and Conviction
- Define Leadership and How It Differs from Management
- Understand That You Create a Competitive Edge in Your Organization
- Use Courage and Conviction to Speak Up, Advocate for Your Team, and Create Value for Your Organization
- Understand the Four Domains of Successful Leadership
Your Leadership Voice
- Describe the Components of a Compelling Leadership Voice
- Understand Your Authentic Voice as a Leader and How to Communicate it with Conviction
- Demonstrate When and How to Adjust Your Voice to Effectively Inspire Results
- Overcome Biases to Your Leadership Voice
- Understand the Importance of Role Modeling and Creating a Feedback Culture
How to Craft a Compelling Message
- Apply a Simple Methodology to Craft Your Ideas Quickly and Powerfully
- Understand How to Communicate Your Desired Outcomes to Different Audiences
- Explain Your Ideas Courageously While Being Clear and Concise
- Develop a Compelling Business Case That Stands Out to Various Stakeholders
Communicating the Strategic Direction
- Define Strategic Direction and Its Importance to Daily Work
- Communicate a Strategic Direction with Passion, Courage, and Conviction
- Understand Strategy from an Organizational View
- Identify the Five Key Questions Strategic Leaders Ask Regularly
- Determine Future Needs Using SWOT for Risk Analysis
- Understand How to Inspire Innovation
Demonstrating Value as a Leader
- Identify Your Strategic Network and How to Improve It
- Describe Organizational Politics
- Understand the Four Keys to Successfully Navigating Organizational Politics for Your Career and Your Teams
- Align Your Team to the Bottom Line and Know How They Create Value
The Leader As Negotiator
- Determine What You Can Negotiate
- Assess Your Dominant Negotiation Style and How It Aligns with Your Leadership Voice
- Discern When Another Negotiation Style Is Necessary and Have the Conviction to Use It
- Understand the Four-Step Process for Successful Negotiation
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2995
- AMA Members: $2695
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.2, PDU: 12, CPE: 14
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...
Average rating 4.8Based on 62 reviews.
This course gave me all the tools I need to go forth and be a successful leader in my organization. Cassandra is a top-notch instructor who goes the extra mile to explain everything well and get the most out of everyone's input. She is warm, engaging, and respectful, and brings the modules to life by providing examples of her own experiences th...
Very informative and truly inspiring! A lot of useful information and practical tools. Excellent instructor!
I really enjoyed all aspects of the training. The facilitator did a wonderful job keeping the class engaged and relating the material to everyone's experiences. It was time well spent!
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team