Developing Executive LeadershipAMA - American Management Association
Place & Start
Developing Executive Leadership
All available course dates
Developing Executive Leadership
When you’re focused on your organization's future every day of every workweek, it's vital that you are well equipped to optimize your company's performance—as well as your own career—with executive leadership training.
What does it mean to be an executive leader? It means you’re a visionary, a trailblazer, a strategist, a communicator, a coach, a diplomat and a politician. Pride, commitment and camaraderie. Those are the words you describe your team. You’re able to focus on the big picture and uphold high standards while wearing many hats. We know It takes laser-precise vision to be an executive leader. Join your peers in this course to craft your own leadership style, build an extraordinary team and master the competencies of effective executive leadership.
How You Will Benefit
- Build an executive leadership style that creates trust, sets a clear vision and guides your entire team toward greater performance and profit
- Articulate your mission, vision and value statements with authenticity and passion
- Practice coaching and inspiring your people to deliver outstanding results
- Channel your “emotional intelligence” for greater achievement and satisfaction
- Identify the characteristics of effective leadership and the most common saboteur
- Prioritize time for yourself and your team for strategy implementation
- Foster a productive environment that drives towards a shared purpose
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed to provide executive leadership training for midlevel managers or executives who lead others with managerial responsibility. It will benefit executives who require strong decision-making skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
Pre-work: Skill Assessment and Strategic Leadership Type Indicator. It is essential that you complete the pre-work and bring your results to class.
- Identify and Begin to Address Your Leadership Challenges
- Analyze the Results of Your Self-Assessment Strengths and Development Needs
- Relate the Components of Strategic Leadership to Your Organization
- Assess Your Emotional Intelligence and Its Impact on Your Leadership Potential
- Understand and Apply the Concepts of Strategic Leadership
- Coach Employees Toward Improved Performance
- Discover Your Personal Values and Ethics and Their Influence on Your Leadership
- Identify and Apply Practices That Influence Motivation and Engagement
- Assess the Culture of Your Organization
- Apply Techniques of Inspirational Leadership
- Create a Personal Development Plan to Bolster Your Executive Performance
My Leadership Journey
- Identify Your Most Important Leadership Challenges and Insights to Address These Challenges
- Describe AMA’s Total Professional Model and Leader Level Competencies
- Identify Your Strengths and Development Needs Based on AMA’s Leader Level Competencies
- Evaluate the Relationships Between Your Leadership Challenges and Your Assessment Results
- Describe Leadership and Management Behaviors and Their Relationship to Your Role in Your Organization
- Define the Elements of Strategic Leadership and a Strategic Plan
- Focus on the Vision, Mission, and Values for the Area You Lead and Draft the Components
- Apply the Essence of Goal Setting to Set Goals That Will Be Accomplished
- Focus on the Significance of Prioritization Based on a Sense of Urgency and Importance
Leveraging Professional Effectiveness
- Define Emotional Intelligence and Its Importance
- Identify Your EI Strengths and Development Needs
- Apply Techniques and Practices to Develop Your Emotional Intelligence
- Refine Your Strategy and Practice Professional Effectiveness, Communication and Leadership/Executive Presence Skills
Developing the Talents of Others
- Identify the Relationships Between Work Environment and Individual Factors of Performance
- Recognize the Relationships Among Strategy and Individual Performance
- Apply Strategic Leadership Skills to Develop Team Members
- Practice a Coaching Process to Support Self-Reliant Problem Solving and Personal Accountability
Aligning Organizational Culture and Engagement with Strategy
- Recognize the Importance of Shaping Organizational Culture
- Assess the Culture of Your Organization or Team
- Consider the Alignment of Your Personal Values with the Values of Your Organization
- Identify the Types of Organizational Cultures and Their Influence on Members
- Describe the Importance of Leading and Trust with Your Team Members
The Art and Science of Inspirational Leadership
- Create and Share a Personal Crest That Describes Your Authentic Leadership Attributes
- Describe the Relationship Between Leadership and Employee Engagement
- Differentiate Between Recognition and Reward Practices Based on the Personal Preferences of Others (Onsite and Virtually)
- Identify Actions You Will Take to Create a More Motivating Workplace
Leadership Development Plans
- Prepare and Plan for Your Continued Leadership Development
- Complete and Receive Feedback on Your Leadership Development Plan
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2995
- AMA Members: $2695
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.8, PDU: 18, CPE: 21
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...
Average rating 4.7Based on 595 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training