Developing Executive LeadershipAMA - American Management Association
Developing Executive Leadership
All available course dates
Developing Executive Leadership
Join millions of team leaders who have trusted the expert faculty at AMA for their executive leadership training needs.
When you’re focused on your organization's future every day of every workweek, it's vital that you are well equipped to optimize your company's performance—as well as your own career—with executive leadership training.
What does it mean to be an executive leader? It means you’re a visionary, a trailblazer, a strategist, a communicator, a coach, a diplomat and a politician. Pride, commitment and camaraderie. Those are the words you describe your team. You’re able to focus on the big picture and uphold high standards while wearing many hats. We know It takes laser-precise vision to be an executive leader. Join your peers in this course to craft your own leadership style, build an extraordinary team and master the competencies of effective executive leadership.
How You’ll Benefit:
- Build an executive leadership style that creates trust, sets a clear vision and guides your entire team toward greater performance and profit
- Articulate your mission, vision and value statements with authenticity and passion
- Practice coaching and inspiring your people to deliver outstanding results
- Channel your “emotional intelligence” for greater achievement and satisfaction
- Identify the characteristics of effective leadership and the most common saboteur
- Prioritize time for yourself and your team for strategy implementation
- Foster a productive environment that drives towards a shared purpose
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed to provide executive leadership training for midlevel managers or executives who lead others with managerial responsibility. It will benefit executives who require strong decision-making skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
Pre-work: Skill Assessment and Strategic Leadership Type Indicator. It is essential that you complete the pre-work and bring your results to class.
Your Leadership Journey
- Exploring your leadership challenges and core leadership beliefs
- Differentiating between management and leadership
- Identifying and practicing leadership requirements for the 21st century
Developing Strategic Leadership and Passionate Purpose
- Understanding the “big picture” of organizational strategy
- Planning and prioritizing to secure time for strategy implementation
- Guiding success by crafting your power vision statement
- Practicing communicating your strategy to empower others
Leveraging Your Professional and Executive Effectiveness
- Mastering techniques of self-management and personal productivity
- Enhancing your emotional intelligence to set yourself apart as a high-performing executive
- Developing the skills to manage your emotions as you foster relationships
- Recognizing the emotions of others and responding to their emotional needs
Developing the Talents of Others
- Becoming intentional in supporting others to become self-reliant problem solvers
- Assessing the ability and willingness of individuals and teams to accomplish tasks and goals
- Coaching and inspiring your people to higher levels of performance
Aligning Organizational Culture with Strategy
- Shaping your organizational culture as a strategic leadership practice
- Creating intrinsic rewards that drive engagement and satisfaction
- Aligning your core authentic personal values with the values of your organization
- Addressing the challenges of ethics and ethical decision making
- Fostering mutual trust and respect throughout your sphere of influence
Learning the Art and Science of Inspirational Leadership
- Creating an environment that thrives on idea sharing and collaboration
- Assessing how your current practices and leadership style motivate and demotivate others
- Customizing reward and recognition (onsite and virtually) for your people to increase commitment, pride and camaraderie
Creating Your Executive Leadership Development
- Identifying, prioritizing and creating a roadmap to implement the skills, tools and actions learned
- Leveraging your strengths to further develop yourself as a high-performing executive
The course is priced as follows: $2745 - Non-members
$2495 - AMA members
$2363 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
Average rating 4.7Based on 595 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training