Coaching for Improved Performance Training
Coaching Employees for Performance focuses on developing the critical skills needed to coach employees who are meeting expectations and coaching employees who are not meeting expectations.
This is a highly interactive and practical competency-based workshop designed to equip leaders with the necessary interpersonal, coaching, and counseling skills to address employee performance and behavior in order to improve their motivation and productivity.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Anyone that is responsible for managing and coaching the performance of others
- Understanding and Managing Behaviors:Each attendeecompletes an online DiSC® Assessment. During theworkshop, this assessment is leveraged to ensure that theattendee understands his or her behavioral strengths andweaknesses and how to read and leverage behaviors inothers.
- Reframing the Issue:Common mental models that makeit more difficult for a manager to gain agreement withan employee about the existence of and resolution to aperformance problem. You will be introduced to moreeffective ways to think about these situations.
- Performance Coaching Practices:You will learn abouttwo critical performance coaching practices that areespecially effective in working with an employee toresolve a performance issue: broadly framing the issueand engaging the employee.
- Hidden Performance Influences:Several key factors mayinfluence an employee’s performance, unbeknownst tothe manager.
- The Coaching Plan:Guidelines for creating an effectiveplan to help an employee make needed improvements.
- Developmental Feedback:The characteristics of effectivefeedback for performance issues.
- The Feedback Process:A framework that allows managersto provide developmental feedback effectively, byengaging the employee.
- Handling Disagreement:A framework for handlingdisagreement in difficult feedback situations.
- Kolb’s Learning Cycle
- Using the Managing Performance Action Planner:Thistool, which is based on DiSC, is used to prepare for theperformance review and improvement cycles.
Course delivery details
Half-Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Full Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop, Multi-Session Webinar
Certification / Credits
- Conduct performance coaching sessions with theiremployees as needed — when work performance/behavior is not up to expectations
- Conduct performance counseling interviews whenever anemployee’s work performance/behavior falls well belowstandard
- Use performance interviewing skills effectively
Why choose TrainSMART Inc.?
Customized training programs for every organization
Certified Women-Owned Business (WBENC & WOSB)
Industry-proven facilitators, consultants, and experts
Contact this provider
TrainSmart specializes in helping you identify people and process challenges that may be preventing your organization from achieving optimal results. We take a collaborative approach to create a tailored strategy for success. TrainSmart’s goal is to partner with you to...