Coaching Skills for Performance (Corporate Training)
This course is designed for professionals who are interested in advancing their supervisory and managerial performance using coaching, counseling and mentoring skills. In this course. Participants will be introduced to the core skills of the coaching process and gain a greater understanding of how this process can positively impact employee performance. The TGROW' model of coaching will be introduced and the advantages and disadvantages of this model will also be discussed. In this course, participants will also learn how and when to use counseling and mentoring effectively in order to keep the performance of their employees on track.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United Arab Emirates
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
This course is for managers or supervisors whose responsibilities require coaching, counseling or mentoring others with the aim having employees reach stretched.
Coaching, counseling and mentoring
- Definitions and applications
- Difference between coaching, counseling and mentoring
- Coaching core competencies
- The competency iceberg
- The 5 principles of coaching (FACTS)
- The 3 stages of performance:
- Preparation and planning
- Performance evaluation
Coaching and counseling
- Benefits and issues
- Critical factors in coaching
- How a good coach is described
- Why managers don't coach?
- Tools for coaching
- Coaching versus counseling
- Coaching and counseling skills
- Active listening
- The TGROW' model of a super coach: Topic, Goal, Reality, Options, Will
Benefits of coaching
- Birth, growth, maturity, conclusion
- Contexts in which mentoring is used
- Characteristics of mentors and mentees
- The benefits of mentoring
- Difference between mentoring and coaching
Leading without a rope'
- Foundation for effective leadership
- The leadership behavior continuum
- Qualities of authentic leaders
- Coaching towards authentic leadership
- Traits shared by successful leaders
- How these traits relate to those of a coach
Certification / Credits
- Define coaching, counseling and mentoring and describe the differences between these critical people management skills
- Describe how to coach or counsel an employee using the multi step coaching and counseling processes
- Use coaching and counseling to help subordinates meet or exceed work targets
- Employ the TGROW' model for effective coaching
- Explain the main steps and requirements of mentoring, and how they can be used to improve employee competence
- Relate the role of the leader to that of a coach
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...