2020 National Electrical Code® Classroom TrainingTPC Training
2020 National Electrical Code® Classroom Training
All available course dates
2020 National Electrical Code®: 2-Day Training Course
This 2020 National Electrical Code® training course aims to bring students up to speed in their electrical troubleshooting skills as quickly and safely as possible. Students will engage in a hands-on electrical program, designed to cover the most commonly performed electrical troubleshooting tasks a maintenance technician faces in their job every day.
This course can also be adopted as part of a company’s regular Qualified Electrical Worker program.
Would you like to take this class from home or your worksite? TPC Training offers this course as a Virtual Instructor-Led. A Virtual Instructor-Led is a course format that allows you to interact with a live instructor.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This training course is aimed at new and experienced electricians seeking a no-nonsense, practical and real world systematic approach to electrical troubleshooting.
The content of this training course is structured as follows:
- Introduction to the National Electrical Code® (NEC)
- NEC® layout as the first step in successful navigation
- Differences between chapters 1-4 and 5-9
- How to quickly put yourself in the right chapter of the National Electrical Code®
- Finding specific information in Chapter 1 General:
- Key words and definitions you must know
- Installation requirement topics
- Finding specific information in Chapter 2 Wiring and Protection, on:
- Use and Identification of Grounded Conductors
- Branch Circuits
- Branch-Circuit, Feeder and Service Calculations
- Outside Branch Circuits and Feeders
- Overcurrent Protection
- Transient Voltage Surge Suppressors
- Finding specific information in Chapter 3 Wiring Methods and Materials, on:
- Wiring Methods
- Conductors for General Wiring
- Cabinets, Cutout Boxes, Meter Socket Enclosures Outlet, Device, Pull, and Junction Boxes; Conduit Bodies; Fittings; and Manholes Armored Cable
- Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable: Types NM, NMC and NMS
- Flexible Metal Conduit: Type FMC
- Liquidtight Flexible Metal Conduit: Type LFMC Rigid Nonmetallic Conduit: Type RNC
- Liquidtight Flexible Nonmetallic Conduit: Type LFNC Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing: Type ENT
- Auxiliary Gutters
- Metal Wireways
- Surface Metal & Nonmetallic Raceways
- Cable Trays
- Finding specific information in Chapter 4: Equipment for General Use, on:
- Flexible Cords and Cables
- Fixture Wires
- Receptacles, Cord Connectors, and Attachment Caps Switchboards and Panelboards
- Luminaries, Lamp holders, Lamps
- Fixed Electric Space-Heating Equipment
- Motors, Motor Circuits, and Controllers, including Disconnecting Means for Motors
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Equipment
- Transformers and Transformer Vaults
- Equipment over 600 Volts, Nominal
- Finding specific information in Chapters 5 through 8, on:
- The interrelationships between the first four chapters and these chapters
- Special Occupancies
- Special Equipment
- Special Conditions
- Communication Systems
- Finding specific answers from tables in Chapter 9
- How to Quickly Use Ready Information
The cost of this 2020 National Electrical Code® training course is $1,195.
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training