Maintenance Fundamentals Workshop
This two-day course – offered for the first time and on a limited basis – is designed to meet the essential needs of every maintenance technician in every type of facility. It is the first course of its kind to cover the fundamentals of electrical, HVAC, and mechanical maintenance tasks in a single two-day seminar, along with the basic safety skills that every worker needs.
This is an ideal starter course for new hires as well as experienced technicians who made need a refresher, and an excellent base for the more in-depth training we offer in our electrical, HVAC, and mechanical categories. Combine it with our new Troubleshooting Essentials for a 4-day workshop that will put your facility on a path to better safety and productivity.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Buffalo Grove
Basic Electrical Skills:
- Electrical Safety in the workplace: 2018 NFPA 70E, OSHA
- When and how to select Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Lockout/tagout (LOTO)
- Multimeter Selection and Safety
- Electricity Fundamentals (Voltage, Current, and Resistance)
- AC vs. DC and their Applications
- Single Phase vs. Three Phase
- Transformers and Electrical Distribution
- How to Select and Replace Switches and Receptacles
- General Wiring Techniques
- Checking and Replacing Fuses
- When and Where should GFCI’s be Used
- Replacing Light Fixtures/Ballast or Replace with LEDs
- Electric Motor Basics and Troubleshooting
- Fundamentals of Reading Electrical Schematics
- Preventative Maintenance Best Practices
Basic Mechanical and HVAC Skills:
- Mechanical Safety in the Workplace
- Working with hand tools
- Ladder Safety
- Chemical Handling safety
- Proper Lifting Techniques
- HVAC System Fundamentals
- Bearing Fundamentals, Types, Installation, and Applications
- V-Belt Types, Alignment, and Proper Tensioning Procedures
- Basics of Pumps, Blowers, and Fans
- Fire Extinguisher Use and Inspection
Course delivery details
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) is a live audio and video classroom experience over the internet with 100% interaction with the instructor, from the comfort of your own home or workplace. All you need is an internet connection, a microphone, and a webcam, and you can join the session from anywhere. With full audio and video capabilities, you are equipped with the tools you need for maximum learning. Visit our Virtual Instructor-Led Training page to learn more about the benefits of VILT.
The cost for the full 4-day workshop is $2,390. The two-day seminars may also be purchased individually for $1,195.
Upon completion of this seminar, the student will receive a certification of completion.
Contact this provider
TPC is a leader in industrial training and workforce management solutions. Our offerings include a best-in-class learning management system (LMS), instructor-led training courses (virtual or in-person), over 1000 digital course hours, simulation-based training, cloud-based workforce management solutions, consulting services, and safety training.
Our instructors lead over 2000 class sessions annually in select U.S. cities, virtually, and at customers' facilities. Gain, refresh, and advance essential maintenance skills quickly and apply them in the workplace immediately after returning to work. TPC helps companies train...