Chilled Water SystemsTPC Training
Chilled Water Systems
All available course dates
Chilled Water Systems
Available in both virtual and in-person, instructor-led formats, this Chilled Water Systems seminar will teach you how to keep your system running efficiently, whether it keeps people or equipment cool. Students will learn about components used in chilled water systems, uses and applications of chilled water systems among many other things.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This seminar is perfect for anyone looking to increase their knowledge about chillers, cooling towers and other chilled water systems.
Day One - Discussion Topics
Chilled Water Systems Overview
- Component tasks
- System design
- Codes and standards
Heat Transfer Theory
- Properties of matter: solid, liquid, vapor
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Heat transfer theory:
- Principles of heat and temperature measurement
- British thermal unit, specific heat
- Sensible heat latent heat, superheat
- Gas laws
- Atmospheric pressure, vacuum
- Pressure/temperature and pressure/volume relationships
Compression Refrigeration Cycle
- Refrigeration cycle, change of state of refrigerant
- Heat transfer within the refrigeration cycle
Day Two - Discussion Topics
- Refrigerant composition, including new blends
- Refrigerant oils
- Refrigerant handling: recovery, recycling, reclamation
- Compressors: reciprocating, scroll, screw, rotary, centrifugal
- Evaporators: tube-in-shell, tube-in-tube, coil-in-shell
- Condensers: water-cooled, air-cooled, evaporative
- Metering devices:
- Thermostatic expansion valve
- Electronic expansion valve
- High and low side floats
- Auxiliary refrigeration equipment
Heat Rejection Systems
- Cooling towers
- Evaporative coolers and condensers, heat exchangers
- Cooling tower operation and maintenance
- Water chemistry for open and closed re-circulating systems
- Glycol systems and fluids
- Principles of air movement
- Wet-bulb and dry-bulb temperatures
- Relative humidity and dew point temperatures
- Psychrometric chart exercises
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of this course, the student will receive a three-star certification of completion showing 8 classroom hours (.8 TPC Training CEUs) per day attended.
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training