Advanced Electrical Troubleshooting
This single-day course is designed for electrical maintenance workers looking to gain additional in-depth hands-on understanding of complex control circuits. This course is intended to be taken only after completion of the Electrical Troubleshooting & Preventive Maintenance course.
Hands-on lab activities are the focus of this course. Throughout the day, participants will troubleshoot on a large variety of systems components, ranging from forward/reversing motor control circuits to proximity switches and float switches.
Would you like to take this class from home or your worksite? TPC Training offers this course as a Virtual Instructor-Led. A Virtual Instructor-Led is a course format that allows you to interact with a live instructor.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants a chance to spend quality hands-on time and build expertise with components seen every day throughout their facilities will gain a great value from this course.
This course covers the following topics:
Advanced Skills for Electrical Troubleshooting
- Requirements per the National Electrical Code (NEC) for control circuits, and electric motors
- Overview of Motor rules per article 430 in the National Electrical Code
- Learn to navigate and troubleshoot from multiple page electrical drawings
- Using both NEMA and IEC Electrical Drawings for Troubleshooting
- Hands-on component troubleshooting using an electrical meter
- Learn advanced features of multimeters.
- Learning to ask the right questions and the correct way to approach troubleshooting
Testing Field Components: Hands-on Exercises
- Inductive proximity sensors
- Capacitive proximity sensors
- Magnetic proximity sensors
- Photoelectric sensor retroreflective/ visible red-light emission
- Float switches
- Control Relays
- Motor Starter Contactors
- Overload Devices
- Forward/Reversing motor starter
- Solid State Timers
- Limit Switches
- Auxiliary Contact Blocks
- Indicator Lamps
- Push Buttons
- Selector Switches – 2-position and 3-position
- Circuit Breakers
Build and Troubleshoot Advanced Motor Control Circuits – Hands-on Exercises
- Multiple Stop Start Stations
- Forward Reversing Circuits
- Level Control Circuits
- Test and understand all components
- Learn how to quickly troubleshoot
- Make field changes based on changes in the schematics
- Add remote control capabilities
Motor Troubleshooting and Preventative Maintenance
- Troubleshooting Single Phase and Three Phase Motors
- Troubleshooting DC Motors
- Important Motor Nameplate Parameters
- Preventive Maintenance for Motors
- Proper Tools for Motor Troubleshooting
The cost of this course varies by location. See the dates and locations listed above for more information.
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training