Risk in Financial ServicesLEORON Professional Development Institute
Risk in Financial Services
All available course dates
Risk in Financial Services - 5 day Training Course
An important aspect of the financial services industryis the management of Financial Risk Management on behalf of its
customers and owners. To discuss the risks facedby a financial services firm is, therefore, to addressone of the core reasons for its existence. For riskmanagement practitioners, that is what gives thedisciplines within risk management their importance– and their intellectual appeal.
The basic concepts are not difficult to grasp, as willbe seen as we progress through this course, butunderstanding their interrelationship is sometimesless straightforward.
Accordingly, this course from LEORON will help professionalsadvance their intellectual and practical appeal in thefollowing areas:
- Principles of Risk Management
- International Risk Regulation
- Operational, Credit and Market Risk
- Investment and Liquidity Risk
- Corporate Governance and Risk Oversight
- Model Risk
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Who should attend?
This course and exam are essential for any professionalundertaking a function or career in Financial Risk Managementmanagement. It is suited to those involved in risk andcompliance, regulatory activities, bankers, analysts and
Course content includes:
ELEMENT 1: Principles of Risk Management
- 1.1 Introduction to Risk in Business
- 1.2 Specific Risks in Financial Services
ELEMENT 2: International Risk Regulation
- 2.1 The Bank for International Settlements
- 2.2 Basel Regulatory Capital
- 2.3 Principles-Based Regulation
- 2.4 Other Relevant Regulations
ELEMENT 3: Operational Risk
- 3.1 Definitions of Operational Risk
- 3.2 Operational Risk Policy
- 3.3 Operational Risk Framework
- 3.4 Operational Risk Identification
- 3.5 Operational Risk Assessment and Measurement
ELEMENT 4: Credit Risk
- 4.1 Identification of Credit Risk
- 4.2 Credit Risk Measurement
- 4.3 Credit Risk Management
ELEMENT 5: Market Risk
- 5.1 Identification of Market Risk
- 5.2 Market Risk Management
ELEMENT 6: Investment Risk
- 6.1 The Measurement of Investment Returns
- 6.2 Identification and Measurement of Investment Risk
ELEMENT 7: Liquidity Risk
- 7.1 Identification of Liquidity Risk
- 7.2 Measurement of Liquidity Risk
- 7.3 Management of Liquidity Risk
ELEMENT 8: Corporate Governanceand Risk Oversight
- 8.1 Internal Corporate Governance
- 8.2 Culture and Leadership
- 8.3 Risk Governance within Financial ServicesOrganisations
ELEMENT 9: Model Risk
- 9.1 Overview of Model Risk
ELEMENT 10: Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- 10.1 Overview of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Why choose Leoron?
LEORON has worked with some of the largest companies in the World - but importantly we care about the individual. Through our Customer Happiness Team we ensure that everyone who attends a LEORON course has the support before, during and after to ensure their training needs are met.
We offer the highest level of training delivery, whether that be in our live-virtual training or in-classroom sessions, with our expert instructors guiding you through everything so that you’re left feeling assured and confident to utilize your new knowledge going forward.
LEORON Professional Development Institute
LEORON is the fastest growing global training institute in the World, having evolved over the past 11 years into a dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions to both individuals and businesses. Our locations...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...