Certified Operational Risk ProfessionalLEORON Professional Development Institute
Certified Operational Risk Professional
All available course dates
Certified Operational Risk Professional - a 5-day course by LEORON
This programme has been evolved from taking the best risk components of many functioning risk systems that have been bedded down in banks, insurance companies, manufacturing firms and mining businesses. The comprehensive nature of the programme alone ensures there is something for anyone who works in the operational risk space.
The certified operational risk course is a five day intensive workshop which deals with all aspects of measuring and managing operational risk. Some of the key areas include: Business Continuity, Basel II Regulation,ISO 31000, Bayesian, approaches for quantifying exposure, COSO explained, Extreme Value Theory, Scenario Analysis, how to build an effective scorecard for operational risk and much more.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for:
- Heads of Audit
- Audit Managers and Senior Auditors
- Auditors responsible for developing or implementing a risk based approach
- Other assurance professionals such as those in Compliance and QA functions who are wanting to develop their Risk Based Approach
- Managers and Directors of business functions – to aid their knowledge of a risk based audit approach.
- Plus anyone who is responsible for analyzing company financial risk and dealing with the various risk exposures that may affect their organization.
Operational Risk Frameworks
Session 1 - Definitions and Introduction
- Define the scope an definition of operational risk, what is included
- Why is operational risk import for businesses
- Understand who is responsible for this.
Session 2 - Understanding Economic Capital
- Understand risk appetite and tolerance
- How is op risk balanced across other risk categories in the business
- Learn how op risk derives value
- See how returns and risk are balanced.
Session 3 - Basel II – Operational Risk
- How can banks moved to AMA in op risk
- What hurdles have banks experienced
- What are the 11 key steps for AMA
- What are the winning features for AMA
Session 4 - ISO 31000 front to back
- Understand COSO, ASNZ 4360 and ISO 31000
- What are the benefits of each framework
- Learn why ISO 31000 bring best practice
- How can ISO 31000 be part of the enterprise risk campaign and how does operational risk fit in
- How can you tailor ISO 31000 to fit your own globalization
Session 5 - The importance of a framework
- Why are risk frameworks important
- Learn how to standardize the measurement operational risk across your organization
- How do frameworks assist with making your firm more compliant
- Learn how a risk framework improves collaboration between audit and compliance
Session 6 - Mapping For Operational Risk
- What is operational risk mapping
- How to capture controls, risks, products, processes in your op risk map
- Build an enterprise map up from scratch
- Gain insight into best practice op risk
- mapping techniques and understand the pitfalls to avoid.
Session 7 - Risk Registration
- Learn what a risk registry is
- Build a risk registry from scratch
- See how accountability is created from the risk registry for op risk measurement and treatment.
- Understand how to assign causes and impacts in the risk registry and how to define different risks a business unit faces.
Session 8 - Case Study on Leading Practice
For the complete course outline, please request information.
Certification / Credits
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive a CORP™ Operational Risk Professional Certificate.
Why choose Leoron?
LEORON has worked with some of the largest companies in the World - but importantly we care about the individual. Through our Customer Happiness Team we ensure that everyone who attends a LEORON course has the support before, during and after to ensure their training needs are met.
We offer the highest level of training delivery, whether that be in our live-virtual training or in-classroom sessions, with our expert instructors guiding you through everything so that you’re left feeling assured and confident to utilize your new knowledge going forward.
LEORON Professional Development Institute
LEORON is the fastest growing global training institute in the World, having evolved over the past 11 years into a dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions to both individuals and businesses. Our locations...
Contact this provider
LEORON Professional Development Institute
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...