Consulting Skills for Trainers - Live Online
This Consulting Skills for Trainers (train-the-trainer) workshop shows you how to become a catalyst for making measurable improvements within your organization. It teaches you how to thoroughly investigate employee performance and gives you the tools to determine which performance problems are training-related vs. those that are non-training related. As with any problem, there needs to be a viable solution. You’ll explore a variety of training and non-training solutions as interventions for various employee performance problems. Lastly, you’ll walk away with a structured performance improvement process, as well as critical people skills to help build your credibility as a performance consultant.
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as on-site (in person)/company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire to learn more
- United States of America
Who should attend?
For trainers or managers who want to move beyond training solutions and help their organization improve performance.
- Build collaborative relationships in the organization.
- Manage interactions with others.
- Identify job performance needs.
- Apply active listening techniques.
- Ask performance-based questions.
- Identify required and actual job performance.
- Handle resistance and challenges from clients.
- Establish terms of reference with clients.
- Collect job performance data.
- Analyze job performance data.
- Determine the causes of performance gaps.
- Apply a range of analysis tools and techniques.
- Guide clients through a decision-making process.
- Recommend training and non-training solutions to performance needs.
- Write a report of findings and recommendations.
- Adopt the most effective role during implementation.
- Measure the results of performance solutions.
What you will learn
- The foundation for collaborative relationships.
- 5 easy steps for managing the consulting process.
- How to guide your clients through the performance improvement process.
- How to approach a client at the start.
- Key factors that will make you successful.
- How to handle a request for training.
- How to set clear expectations from the start.
- A proven method of understanding true performance needs.
- Key questions for identifying required and actual performance.
- How to conduct an effective discovery meeting.
- Tips for crafting questions that open up dialogue.
- Powerful performance-based questions.
- How to develop and maintain rapport.
- How to encourage the client to keep talking.
- How to paraphrase the essence of what you heard.
- Tips for acknowledging what people are feeling.
- Ways to summarize a conversation.
- The signs of discomfort or resistance.
- Guidelines for handling resistance or challenges.
- 6 methods for collecting data.
- 45 questions to ask yourself after each interaction.
- A step-by-step technique to determine the causes.
- 7 major causes of performance gaps.
- A structured worksheet to document findings.
- An easy-to-use checklist for analyzing performance.
- Where to find the evidence – over 70 sources.
- 4 participatory analysis techniques.
- How to guide the client to an appropriate course of action.
- A visual technique for identifying possible solutions.
- How to rate solutions using relevant criteria.
- Over 50 types of performance improvement solutions.
- The critical elements of a report.
- A checklist for making planning easier.
- A simple approach for setting targets and identifying outcomes.
- How to maximize your contribution by adopting the most effective role.
- How to develop a measurement plan.
- The S.C.O.R.E. approach for monitoring progress.
- How to track and report results using a performance scorecard.
- A structured worksheet to document lessons learned.
- How to broadcast and promote successes.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
Average rating 5
I am most excited about the easy-to-use job aids and templates provided through this workshop. I would recommend this session if you are looking for a deep-dive on how to take a...
This is one of the most engaging workshops I have participated in. Excellent pacing and facilitation with just the right amount of interactivity.
This workshop provided exactly what I need to understand and implement the consulting process as a trainer. I feel very confident now to start using this process!
Contact this provider
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...