Consulting Skills for Trainers - Live OnlineLangevin Learning Services Inc.
Consulting Skills for Trainers - Live Online
All available course dates
Consulting Skills for Trainers - Live Online
This Consulting Skills for Trainers (train-the-trainer) workshop shows you how to become a catalyst for making measurable improvements within your organization. It teaches you how to thoroughly investigate employee performance and gives you the tools to determine which performance problems are training-related vs. those that are non-training related. As with any problem, there needs to be a viable solution. You’ll explore a variety of training and non-training solutions as interventions for various employee performance problems. Lastly, you’ll walk away with a structured performance improvement process, as well as critical people skills to help build your credibility as a performance consultant.
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as on-site/company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For trainers or managers who want to move beyond training solutions and help their organization improve performance.
- Build collaborative relationships in the organization.
- Manage interactions with others.
- Identify job performance needs.
- Apply active listening techniques.
- Ask performance-based questions.
- Identify required and actual job performance.
- Handle resistance and challenges from clients.
- Establish terms of reference with clients.
- Collect job performance data.
- Analyze job performance data.
- Determine the causes of performance gaps.
- Apply a range of analysis tools and techniques.
- Guide clients through a decision-making process.
- Recommend training and non-training solutions to performance needs.
- Write a report of findings and recommendations.
- Adopt the most effective role during implementation.
- Measure the results of performance solutions.
What you will learn
- How to guide your clients through the performance improvement process.
- The similarities between training and performance improvement – making the case.
- How to influence others to gain credibility and secure high-level sponsorship.
- The foundation for collaborative relationships.
- 5 easy steps for managing the consulting process.
- A checklist to assess readiness.
- How to overcome obstacles to getting started.
- Tips that will help you minimize the politics of transitioning to performance improvement.
- How to handle a request for training.
- Key factors that will make you successful.
- How to get results through collaborative relationships.
- A step-by-step consulting approach that is realistic for trainers.
- How to set clear expectations from the start.
- A proven method of understanding true performance needs.
- Key questions for identifying required and actual performance.
- How to conduct an effective “discovery” meeting.
- Tips for crafting questions that open up dialogue.
- How to encourage the client to keep talking.
- Powerful performance-based questions.
- How to develop and maintain rapport.
- How to paraphrase the essence of what you heard.
- The signs of discomfort or resistance.
- Guidelines for handling resistance or challenges.
- 6 methods for collecting data.
- 45 questions to ask yourself after each interaction.
- A step-by-step technique to determine the causes.
- 7 major causes of performance gaps.
- Where to look first.
- A structured worksheet to document findings.
- An easy-to-use checklist for analyzing performance.
- Where to find the evidence – over 70 sources.
- 4 participatory analysis techniques.
- How to validate findings with the client.
- How to guide the client to an appropriate course of action.
- A visual technique for identifying possible solutions.
- How to rate solutions using relevant criteria.
- Factors that will help or hinder the implementation.
- How to address concerns from different perspectives.
- Will the solution work? Asking quintessential questions.
- Over 50 types of performance improvement solutions.
- The critical elements of a report.
- A checklist for making planning easier.
- A simple approach for setting targets and identifying outcomes.
- How to maximize your contribution by adopting the most effective role.
- How to develop a measurement plan.
- The S.C.O.R.E. approach for monitoring progress.
- How to gauge employee reaction to the solution.
- How to track and report results using a performance scorecard.
- A quick-and-easy method for conducting a debrief meeting.
- How to assess your performance as a consultant.
- A consulting services assessment form.
- A structured worksheet to document lessons learned.
- How to broadcast and promote successes.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...