Employee Wellness and Stress Management
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Stanford University.
The consequences of stress are becoming increasingly apparent – not just to the individual, but to organizations as a whole. Stress causes 56 percent of workers to search for a new job, resulting in high turnover costs and productivity losses. 1 As the interdependent relationship between personal well-being and team productivity is realized, businesses are beginning to prioritize wellness for the resilience and benefits it brings.
The Employee Wellness and Stress Management online short course focuses on the impact you can have when you take the steps to improve your own, as well as others, health. Developed by Dr. Grace Gengoux from the Stanford Center for Health Education, you’ll gain strategies to support the self-care of the teams you lead and colleagues you influence, while also focusing on your own well-being and personal resilience. With this dual approach, you’ll explore the reciprocal relationship between a ‘healthy you’ and ‘healthy teams’ as you unpack the science and practical examples of self-care. With an understanding of how essential physical health practices are for stress and energy management, you’ll gain the tools and techniques to encourage well-being of self and others. The course uses self-reflection, goal setting, and global case studies to guide you as you define your wellness priorities, and build resilience for a fast-paced and complex working world.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This course is suited to individual employees who are invested in their personal well-being, and who need the tools to manage stress and enhance resilience in others. Professionals who include consultants, team leaders, and HR managers will benefit from learning to support employee well-being, identify signs of stress and burnout, and navigate mental health issues in the workplace. With the tools to cultivate wellness, people managers will get the chance to improve their leadership skills while optimizing their own, as well as their team’s, health. The course is also designed for dedicated healthcare and wellness professionals who need to improve their professional offering and better understand the dynamic between stress and well-being.
Discover the tools to enhance your own and others well-being as you work through the weekly modules of this online short course.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Healthy you, healthy teams
Daily habits as a foundation for resilience
Team connection and meaningful contributions
Overcoming cognitive biases and developing empathy
Managing stress and mental health
Sustaining well-being and resilience
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks Excluding orientation
- 6–8 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Study wellness and stress management, and earn an official certificate of completion from Stanford Center for Health Education.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- An action plan to improve and sustain resilience and well-being, including strategies to maintain energy, overcome bias, and promote a sense of community among team members.
- An understanding of the key techniques that balance professional productivity and personal health, such as sleep, good nutrition, and exercise.
- The mental and emotional tools to improve wellness and foster a team culture through psychological safety.
- Leadership strategies to identify and prevent burnout, and promote self and team well-being.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...