Operational Risk Management & Resilience
This course aims to help participants learn how to enhance the operational risk management and resilience capabilities of their organisations. In particular, we focus on how the recent COVID-19 disaster made plain the strategic weaknesses of most organisations insofar as withstanding and responding to surprises. While the pandemic was, by most accounts, unpredictable, the responses to it varied—often becoming the determining factor in whether an organisation survived. This course addresses these concerns by making operational risk management a strategic, forward-looking undertaking that aims to constantly position and reposition the organisation in light changing internal and external challenges. This approach breeds resilience.
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend?
This course is particularly appropriate for anyone who would like to understand real estate investment (debt and equity), and would be appropriate for:
- Analysts and underwriters
- Portfolio managers
- Investment and commercial bankers
- Fixed income professionals
- Bank relationship managers
- Real estate developers and investors
- Defining Modern Operational Risk
- Creating a post-COVID, ORM framework:
- An ORM framework shaped by COSO
- How such an ORM framework would work:
- Technical Aspects: Data
- Technical Aspects: Building in Business Continuity
- Technical Aspects: Creating Resilience
- Qualitative and Structural Aspects: Governance
- Qualitative and Structural Aspects: Risk Culture
- Putting everything together
- Basel Checklist:
- Case Studies: Day Four is spent reviewing numerous readings and case studies assigned during Days 1 – 3, with answers discussed.
Course fee: £4495+VAT
Certification / Credits
- Identification of emerging risks
- Risk networks rather than risk registers
- Key elements of counter-terrorism measures and physical security
- Implementing ORM: the invisible framework
- Must-know about cyber security and threats
- How to differentiate and address human errors
- How to use root cause analysis most effectively
- Influencing behaviours for better control
- All best practices in operational risk management for financial companies
- Risk Reporting and Conduct reporting
- Building a framework for risk culture change
- Leading KRIs framework for identification and design
- Scenario analysis and assessment
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...