Managing Downside Risk in a Recession
A two-day practical course designed to examine the ways business owners and operators can mitigate the downside risks faced during an economic downturn. Faced with the impacts of economic contraction, senior management has many levers they can pull to lessen the negative impact their employees and shareholders will experience. We will explore the array of tools available to buffer these hits. Through lectures, interactive discussion, practical exercises, you will be able to:
- Describe the local and global business cycle
- Identify economic exposures faced by various industries
- Identify near-term/immediate areas of opportunity to weather a coming recession
- Explain how to realize medium-term business model changes to protect against weakening economic conditions.
- Develop a long-term plan for ensure business model flexibility in the face of volatile business conditions
Upcoming start dates
27 June, 2023
2 November, 2023
- New York
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Corporate Financial Executives
- Business Unit Heads
- Operations Consultants
- Portfolio Managers
Day 1 – Negative Pressures Brought on In a Recession
- The Business Cycle
- Signs of Weakness in the Business Cycle
- Performing a Corporate Health Check
- Preparing for a Coming Recession
- Recession Resistant Industrial Sectors
Day 2 – Methods of Mitigating Downside Risks in a Recession
- Immediate Modifications
- Medium-Term Changes
- Long-Term Recession Proofing Techniques
- Case 1
- Case 2
- Case 3
The Course fee: 2645 + VAT
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...