Most business people's power to affect change comes through influence rather than mandate. In any organization, there are always a few people who seem to influence everyone else independent of job title, position, or authority. These are the influential people with a knack for persuasion.
But what do these people do that makes them persuasive? Successful persuaders are those who understand the viewpoints of others and then use that information to clearly present their own. You can master these and other skills that will make you both persuasive and influential.
In two intensive days, you’ll learn to use a six-step dialogue process to comfortably and effectively persuade others.
Who should attend?
This program is intended for business people whose power to affect change comes through influence rather than mandate.
Through lectures, exercises, recordings and in-the-moment coaching, students that attend Persuasive Dialogue™ will learn:
- The six critical steps for persuasive communication
- How to position the topic and open the dialogue
- How to create a collaborate environment that fosters mutual goals, respect, and trust
- The Socratic Method: How to use it and why it works
- How to understand the other person by recognizing personality traits and how to use them to persuade
- How to adjust your behaviors to make persuasion successful
- The Listening Process and how listening works in your favor
- How to verify what you've heard and uncover additional information using various types of questions as well as prompts and echoes
- How to ask questions appropriately: position difficult questions, appropriate tone, conditional questions
- How to structure your questions by developing a Line of Inquiry
- How to organize your thoughts; define your outcome and analyze your listener
- How to create a persuasive strategy
- How to back up your message with rationale
- How to identify and clarify vague statements to avoid conflicts
- How to specify and isolate objections and handle disagreements
- How to use conditional questions to offer your solutions and say "No" comfortably and professionally when necessary
- How to recap a conversation and close with a relationship-building phrase
Contact Communispond for pricing information.
This course can accommodate up to 12 participants with one facilitator and 16 with two facilitators.
Communispond - building powerful professionals
Since 1969, Communispond has provided communication coaching and training to more than 300 of the Fortune 500 companies and has helped more than 800,000 professionals achieve business goals by communicating with clarity and power. Communispond has remained the market leader...
Find out more about this Persuasive Dialogue™ course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team