Strategies for Developing Effective Presentation Skills
Today's quick-paced and fluid work environment can mean fast and frequently unexpected organizational changes, greater responsibilities, and new projects and initiatives. Being a confident, polished speaker is not only necessary, but well advised in order to communicate such matters effectively and persuasively. This 3-day seminar offers presentation tips and strategies to help you develop your presentation skills and learn how to present your ideas with conviction, control and poise—and without fear. You’ll gain the specific presentation skills and direction you need to become comfortable with your own style. And you’ll receive expert advice on how to handle especially challenging situations. Most important, you’ll gain effective presentation skills by making actual presentations.
How You Will Benefit
- Tailor your presentation to your audience
- Use relaxation techniques to overcome nervousness
- Learn how to project your voice and use pauses to dramatize your point
- Expertly handle difficult questions and situations
- Communicate with clarity and conviction
- Gain confidence in your presentation skills
Upcoming start dates
27 March, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
1 April, 2024
8 May, 2024
20 May, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
5 June, 2024
19 June, 2024
- New York City
Who should attend?
Everyone who needs to develop their presentation skills, speak in front of groups or sell ideas to others and has little or no presentation experience.
Balancing Verbal and Nonverbal Messages
- Practice nonverbal impact skills to reduce nervousness and to engage the attention of your listeners
- Make your content clearer and more memorable
Developing and Organizing Presentation Content
- Create an audience profile and set presentation parameters
- Condense a speech outline into notes you can speak from
Preparing to Give the Presentation
- Get expert presentation tips on rehearsing, adhering to a time frame and speaking from notes
- Reduce stress and speaker’s anxiety
Using Visual Aids and Support Materials
- Describe the purpose of visual aids and support materials
- Identify tips for effective composition of visual content and speaker aids
Handling Questions from the Audience
- Explain the importance of the question-and-answer session
- Respond professionally to questions from the audience
Managing the Presentation Environment
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different room setups
- Be able to anticipate, avoid and handle equipment problems
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2695
- AMA Members: $2395
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.8, PDU: 18.0
Average rating 4.8
The course was excellent. I learned so many new skills to increase my presentation skills! It was a trial by fire, and it definitely worked!
This course was very helpful and informative. I learned a lot about myself and how to push myself out of the normal patterns and behaviors while speaking. This one is for everyone.
Facilitator was Great! Excellent Training Content.Training has improved my skill in creating well-organized presentation material, and performing effective presentation.
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...