Effectively Communicating in The MomentAMA - American Management Association
Place & Start
Effectively Communicating in The Moment
All available course dates
Effectively Communicating in the Moment
Speaking on the Spot with Clarity and Precision
It’s happened to all of us—you’re asked unexpectedly during a meeting to give a project update, or are stopped in the hallway with an important question, or are cornered in a challenging conversation. You can’t plan for these unrehearsed events, but you can take steps to always be confident and ready when they do happen.
How You Will Benefit
- Manage stress in difficult impromptu interactions
- Organize and frame responses using mental templates
- Develop behaviors that convey professionalism
- Assess your professional strengths and opportunities when communicating in the moment
- Apply preemptive mindfulness to bring out your best self
- Employ listener analysis to frame messages
- Use in-the-moment strategies to organize your thinking
- Integrate impactful nonverbal delivery behaviors into your in-the-moment communications
Who should attend?
All business professionals at any point in their careers who need to develop and improve their in-the-moment communication capabilities and confidence.
- Assessing your in-the-moment communication needs
- Reviewing a listener-centered approach to organizing your ideas in the moment
- Starting strong: preemptive emotional/physical tools for stress management
- Learning tools and strategies for rapid communication
- Applying nonverbal behaviors that exude confidence and competence
- Applying new in-the-moment mental templates
- Identifying stalling techniques that don’t erode credibility
- Exploring situational in-the-moment communication
- Recognizing the power of questions to build focused and succinct in-the-moment responses
- Reviewing approaches to use in five common workplace in-the-moment communication situations
- Understanding how social media, texting and emailing relate to in-the-moment communications
- Handling hostile questions assertively and professionally
- Handling mediated in-the-moment communication on phone calls, in videoconferences and on conference calls
- Exploring and practicing small talk in social or business networking events
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2695
- AMA Members: $2395
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.2, CPE: 14
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...