Communicating with Data
An increase in the volume and velocity of data has spurred a need for new techniques to understand and convey its meaning. Storytelling provides a structure for communication. Data visualizations are graphical means of summarizing and describing data. This course describes various types of visualizations and teaches participants how to link the data they have and the message they want to deliver to the appropriate visualization.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more details
- United States of America
Inquire for more details
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- Business Analysts
- Project Leaders/Managers
- System Analysts
- Data Analysts
The structure of this course assumes no prior experience in statistics or data analytics.
The main topics covered in the training will include:
- Minto Pyramid
- Beats and Spine
- Characters (The People or Data Debate)
- CASE – Contention, Argument, Source & Evidence
- Freytag’s Pyramid
Finding Your Story
- Examining your Analysis
- 10,000 to 10: The Most Salient Facts
- Conclusions & Recommendations
Introduction to Visualizations
- Theoretical Foundations of Visualizations
- Understanding visual perception
- How visualizations work
- Categories of Data Visualizations
- Visualization Design Options
How to Tell Stories with Visualizations
- Reports (Dashboards) vs. Presentations
- Learning to Critique a Story and its Visualizations
- Structure a story and decide on compelling and supportive visualizations.
- Apply a set of data visualization principles that maximize the ability to use numbers to tell a story.
- Utilize a process to critique and refine visualizations.
Why choose Wronski Associates?
Founded in 1984 - Over 35 years of providing innovative and impactful learning and development solutions.
Long lasting client partnerships - Our top ten client relationships average 14 years and our very first client is still a client 36 years later.
Have delivered instructor-led training in 40+ countries on 6 continents, and online solutions in many, many more.
Average rating 5
Thanks so much for this really helpful class!
Many thanks! This was a very approachable, relevant, and thoughtful course. I hope that you are able to teach further at our organization.
Thank you very much for a very nice overview and the workshops!
Contact this provider
Wronski Associates is the trusted partner for academy-minded companies looking to design and deliver innovative learning experiences that will attract, develop and retain their top talent. They work across all functions but have developed a unique expertise in our ability to...