ILSP offers training opportunities beyond institutional partners to individual practitioners who possess the public sector experience and the wish to benefit from Goldman School knowledge.
Upcoming start dates
Flexible and customized to meet the individual needs
Who should attend?
ILSP is offered to non-government individuals. In the past, ILSP has hosted a Director of an Auditor General's Office, Chief Editor of a South-east Asian newspaper, an investment banker, to name a few. ILSP attracts practitioners who have a wealth of experience. Their interaction with GSPP students and faculty is mutually beneficial.
The program reflects a multidisciplinary approach and provides a collaborative learning environment for participants to experience lively engagement and a free exchange of ideas with eminent Berkeley thinkers, researchers, and practitioners--all while being immersed in cutting-edge research, knowledge and best practices from around the world.
Course delivery details
The structure of the ILSP is flexible and customized to meet the individual needs of the participants. General ILSP components are listed as follows.
- Visiting Scholar Status for one semester, which provides J1 visa processing, access to all the UC Berkeley Libraries, and a berkeley.edu email address. The Visiting Scholar appointment can be extended on a case by case basis;
- Visiting Scholars may audit courses for a maximum of 12 units at GSPP. Any courses you might wish to take outside of GSPP will be in consultation with Global and Executive Programs staff and part of a personalized plan;
- Participation in activities hosted by Global and Executive Programs;
- Membership in the cohort of International Scholars from participating International Governments; and
- Assistance from Global and Executive staff to connect you with other researchers and local Government offices.
Contact this provider
Goldman School of Public Policy | To transform smart, dedicated, service-minded women and men into public policy leaders.
The GSPP is a graduate school that prepares students for careers in public leadership. GSPP faculty represent the top researchers in their respective fields, which include economics, political science, law, social psychology and engineering. Their expertise ranges from education policy to...