Workplace Violence PreventionTrainSMART Inc.
Workplace Violence Prevention
All available course dates
Workplace Violence Prevention
The upheaval caused by 9-11, uncertainty in the marketplace, wars that don’t seem to end, terrorism, business malfeasances, constant uncertainty, constant change, greater emphasis on speed and the pressure to do more work with fewer people, has greatly increased your employees’ level of stress, tension, and frustration.
The fact that some employees lack the emotional skills or temperament to manage this pressure has resulted in a sharp increase in workplace violence – acts, threats, bullying, anger, sabotage, and absenteeism. This increased potential for confrontation has placed new demands on supervisors, many of whom are unprepared to handle such demands.
This course prepares you to identify symptoms and causes of workplace violence and to take corrective actions. You learn the warning signs of potential violence and defuse anger and conflict.
Who should attend?
Appropriate for all employees and especially relevant for team leaders, supervisors, and managers
- The physiology and psychology of anger and violence
- Developing a more expressive communicating style — handling criticism and aggressive individuals
- Constructive and effective conflict resolution methods
- Developing self-esteem in one’s self and in others, to reduce conflict
- Listening effectively – feedback
- How to handle difficult people
- Reading body language
- Understanding aggressive/assertive/submissive behavior
- Good and bad conflict
- Recognizing tense situations and reducing the potential for conflict
- Communicating with persuasion and win support
- Defusing anger
- Use of “Violence Response Teams”
- Legal and liability issues
- What you must and must not do when employees are in a “high risk” way
- The role of government in curbing workplace violence (OSHA)
- Leadership and organizational dynamics
- Managing conflict – as it relates to behavior
- Establishing clear channels for communicating threats
- Identifying potentially dangerous individuals, as well as difficult situations that spur violence
- What you must and must not do, as a manager, when employees are in a high-risk way
Course delivery details
Workplace Violence Prevention is available in the following formats: Full Day Face-to-Face Training Workshop
Certification / Credits
- Establish processes and procedures in advance
- Identify the early warning signs related to violence
- Empathize with those under stress
- Communicate effectively to all involved
- Recognize when the situation is beyond you and seek help
Why choose TrainSMART Inc.?
Customized training programs for every organization
Certified Women-Owned Business (WBENC & WOSB)
Industry-proven facilitators, consultants, and experts
About TrainSMART Inc.
TrainSmart specializes in helping you identify people and process challenges that may be preventing your organization from achieving optimal results. We take a collaborative approach to create a tailored strategy for success. TrainSmart’s goal is to partner with you to...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team