Certified Safety Manager (CSM)
The CSM professional certificate is an indication to employers, potential employers, regulatory agencies, and the courts that you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to a level of proficiency expected of a professional who is capable of working with little or no supervision while managing the safety programs, policies, and procedures common to business and industry.
- Discover a brand new perspective of safety that will empower you
- Meet the Train-the-Trainer requirements for individuals doing in-house training
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Save money by developing your own safety plans, programs and training
- Avoid OSHA fines, civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations
- Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques
- Take home a resource library of PowerPoints, sample plans, programs and inspection checklists
- Obtain valuable CEUs (4.0) required by current certifications.
Creating a safety culture in the workplace can be difficult. This course will provide the tools necessary to implement proper safety training and an effective safety program. Students will learn how to understand and interpret regulations, avoid civil and criminal liability, increase worker morale, reduce workers comp rates and most importantly, minimize or eliminate injuries in the workplace.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
The CSM is a foundational course which requires no prerequisites; however, prior knowledge of workplace safety is highly recommended. Upon completion, a CSM is authorized to teach the following courses by NASP.
- Androgogical Training Methods
- Instructor Qualifications
- History of Safety and OSHA Introduction
- Protection from Civil and Criminal Liability
- Handling Problem Students
- Safety Management Systems
- Incident Analysis
- OSHA Reporting
- HAZCOM and GHS
- Confined Space Entry
- Lockout Tagout
- Machine guarding
- Root Cause Analysis Exercise
- Presentation Preparation
- Hazard Analysis
- Preventing Violence
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Hand and Powered Tools
- Arc Flash Analysis
- Group Presentations:
- Fall Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Welding, Cutting and Brazing
- Fire and Egress
- Written Exam
Course delivery details
The class will be held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday and Friday 8:00 am with dismissal at 3:00 pm. Lunch will be provided Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, with snacks and refreshments served daily.
National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
The National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP) has been offering professional development courses, both online and in a classroom style format, for almost two decades. Our commitment to training adults in a variety of environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...