When to Lead, When to Manage - Customized In-house Training
In order for an organization to function at the highest possible level, it must be both managed and led well. The terms management and leadership are often used interchangeably, however the skills and practices required by each are actually quite different. People almost universally know when they are reporting to a good manager or a genuine leader and usually respond accordingly.
In When to Lead, When to Manage, Strategic Leadership Development International will help participants understand contrasts between leadership and management and how these two things can be used together in order to support one another.
This is a practical course that uses a wide range of case studies and illustrations of real life experiences in order to give participants insight into these topics. Since this course is offered in house, the material and topics will also be adjusted so that it directly meets the needs of each client.
Upcoming start dates
Contact provider to schedule
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
The themes of this course will vary based on the needs of the organization, but they are commonly drawn from the following list:
- Common reasons that management is confused with leadership
- The mandate and definition of management
- The mandate and definition of leadership
- The six primary roles of a manager
- The three primary roles of a leader
- Three questions that distinguish leaders from managers
- Eight contrasts between the functions of management and leadership
- How to build a synergistic partnership between management and leadership
- Determining whether an organization should be management-dominant or leadership-dominant
- The process-centric nature of management
- The people-centric nature of leadership
- The leadership side of management
- The management side of leadership
- Specific scenarios in which management should be at the fore
- Specific scenarios in which leadership should be at the fore
The standard fees for this course are:
- North America: $1450
- All other areas: $2050
Contact this provider
Strategic Leadership Development International
SLDI specializes in leadership development programs for executives, top-level and emerging managers, professionals, entrepreneurs, and institutional boards. SLDI's services include: Training and workshops customized for specific leadership, management, and communication skills Executive coaching and mentoring Team-Building and strategy facilitation Consulting...