Our Accelerated Leadership Program for New Supervisors and Managers is a four-day online leadership development program intended to equip individuals with the skills they need to be successful in their positions. This program is designed for individuals transitioning into supervisor or management roles who have not received any leadership training or desire to have some refresher leadership training.
Our program allows supervisors and managers to examine their roles and the issues that come with them while offering direction on cultivating a positive and productive workplace atmosphere. In this program, you will learn the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful leader in your organization. In addition, we provide you with tools that may be immediately used in your leadership role.
After completing this program, you will have access to a helpful toolkit that will assist them in becoming successful managers and supervisors in their workplaces. This program offers the perfect setting for the growth of supervisors and managers through interactive lectures, hands-on exercises, and engaging group discussions.
Session 1: The Transition from Team Member to Supervisor
In this session, we'll learn about the transition from team member to supervisor. We'll explore key behaviors and attitudes necessary for effective leadership and gain an understanding of the responsibilities that come with managing a team. The skills learned in this session will provide the foundation to lead a successful team and foster an environment that encourages learning and development.
- Identify and analyze the key differences between a supervisor and a team role.
- Learn strategies for a successful transition from team member to supervisor.
- Understand the differences in responsibilities between management, your team, and yourself.
- Understand the importance of motivation in leading a successful team.
- Evaluate methods for fostering an environment that is conducive to learning and development.
Session 2: Active Listening and Priority Management
In this session, you will learn how to set goals and manage priorities in your organization while addressing distractions, active listening, and communication. By the end of this session, you will be able to manage competing priorities and become a more effective listener by recognizing verbal/non-verbal cues in conversations.
- Learn to set goals for your team members and your organization.
- Learn how to use the principles of email management to prioritize tasks and increase productivity.
- Uncover strategies to manage conflicting priorities, timelines, and tasks.
- Develop an understanding of the components and importance of active listening.
- Practice strategies for becoming a more effective listener.
- Identify and recognize verbal and non-verbal cues during conversations.
- Articulate strategies for managing distractions when engaged in conversations.
- Learn new techniques that encourage open communication with others to enhance relationships and foster collaboration.
Session 3: Enhanced communication and Constructive Feedback
In this session, you will gain the advanced knowledge and understanding required for successful leaders who communicate effectively with their teams. By the end of this session, you will understand the importance of successful communication in leadership and business management.
- Discover the components of effective questioning and probing techniques in communication. Examine the difference between what is said and what is heard from another person's point of view, considering context and cultural norms.
- Develop strategies for managing our non-verbal messages when communicating with others as a manager or supervisor.
- Describe the characteristics that make feedback effective when communicating with others as a manager or supervisor.
- Utilize specific techniques to give constructive feedback appropriately while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Learn how to receive feedback without feeling threatened or defensive.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of providing instructions to ensure the successful completion of tasks.
Session 4: Conflict Management
In this session, you will learn effective conflict-resolution techniques and strategies. You will also gain insight into supervisor-employee relationships and learn how trust, respect, and credibility are pivotal in leading successful teams. By the end of this session, you will have gained the necessary skills and knowledge to lead confidently in any conflict situation.
- Identify key strategies and techniques to help minimize the potential for conflict in the workplace.
- Analyze and evaluate the different stages of the conflict resolution process.
- Describe how supervisors can effectively respond to conflicts among staff members promptly.
- Practice communication skills when approaching work-related conflicts with coworkers or colleagues.
- Learn how practical leadership skills can be used to manage, prevent and resolve conflicts within organizations or teams.
- Recognize and be able to apply the steps of a difficult conversation to handle challenging situations in the workplace.
- Discover how supervisors can use their leadership skills to guide the conversation toward positive outcomes.
- Understanding trust, respect, and credibility are critical components of supervisor-employee relationships.
- Identify strategies for building solid supervisor-employee relationships that create a positive work environment.
Upcoming start dates
22 August, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
- Application deadline: 8/17/2023
Course delivery details
Trainer-to-participant ratio 1: 30
Duration: 4 half-day training sessions (16 hours)
Contact this provider
Addison Solutions Academy
Addison Solutions Academy is a top corporate training company that offers affordable corporate training solutions to businesses. We provide a wide range of training services and programs that can assist your firm in growing and achieving success. Our trainers are...