Hiring the right staff for the job can be make or break. In this introductory-level course, you will learn about the process of selecting the best candidate from a large, diverse pool of high-quality applicants. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, the course discusses how to conduct an effective job interview, asking questions that elicit relevant information, and avoiding questions that might be seen as discriminatory. You will also consider how to discover more about a candidate through the use of reference checks, background checks, and testing. Earn SHRM and HRCI credit as you develop your understanding of this critical human resources element.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Describe various techniques for forecasting workforce needs
- Explain how to perform a job analysis
- Describe approaches to job design and redesign
- Identify various ways to engage in both internal and external recruitment
- Identify staffing practices that are alternatives to full-time employment
- Describe methods of evaluating prospective employees
- Describe types of interviews and when each is appropriate
- Explain the role of orientation and onboarding when making a new hire
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.3 CEUs / 3 HRCIs / 3 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...