In Fire Protection Fundamentals , you'll learn ...
- The fundamental principles of fire science and fire protection engineering
- The impact that an enclosure or room may have on the growth of a fire
- The practice of fire protection, including the role of codes and standards
- Two central components of fire safety design: fire detection and fire suppression
Credit: 5 PDH
Length: 64 pages
Fires continue to cause significant property damage and work-related injuries or fatalities in the United States. Thus, an appreciation of the principles on which fire regulations and fire protection systems are based will help engineers implement viable fire protection measures to safeguard life and property against fire loss.
In this course the student will learn the fundamental principles underlying fire science and effective fire protection measures. The course describes how to identify pertinent fire safety objectives, recognize the range of hazards presented by fires, identify factors affecting the fire performance of materials, and develop effective design solutions to reduce hazards.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 32 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- A background and overview of U.S. fire loss statistics and the regulatory framework established to ensure fire safety
- Basic principles of fire protection engineering
- Fundamentals of fire science
- Dynamics of fire
- Principles of fire protection
- Fire detection
- Fire suppression, theory and methods
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...