In Inspection and Evaluation of Spray Applied Fire Resistant Materials, you'll learn ...
- Basic requirements for the application of Spray Applied Fire Resistant Materials (SFRM)
- Common construction deficiencies that an engineer may encounter when performing assessments of existing buildings that use SFRM
- Recognized inspection and testing requirements associated with protection for building structural elements
- Guidance on how to identify code compliance issues during a brief building walk-through, or during a more thorough SFRM inspection or commissioning exercis
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 21 pages
As part of engineering assessments of existing buildings or commissioning and/or construction compliance surveys of new construction, engineers and architects are called upon to assess all aspects of a building’s design and construction. One critical aspect of this assessment is to evaluate the fire resistance rating of the building’s structural components.
The focus of this course centers around passive fire protection of building structural members exclusively through the use of spray applied fire resistance materials (SFRM). This course is intended to briefly review some of the basic requirements associated with the application of SFRM, as well as some of the common construction deficiencies that an engineer or architect may encounter when performing assessments of existing buildings that use these materials.
The course is intended to summarize recognized inspection and testing requirements associated with protection for building structural elements, and provides useful guidance on how to identify code compliance issues during a brief building walk-through, or during a more thorough SFRM inspection or commissioning exercise. This course does not address more detailed inspection and testing methodologies that are available to professionals performing more detailed building surveys or forensic investigations.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Critical features and characteristics of SFRM that impact the design and construction of any noncombustible, protected building
- Specifics of testing and inspection methods applicable to SFRM that has been applied to new or existing construction
- Typical application and environmental conditions that can lead to improper or subpar installation of SFRM
- Fundamental features of various SFRM materials and types, and factors to consider when selecting an appropriate SFRM for various applications
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...