In An Introduction to the National Fire Alarm Code , you'll learn ...
- The basic components of fire alarm systems
- The codes and standards that govern fire protection
- Specific functions and performance aspects of the various fire alarm components and systems
- How to inspect, test, and maintain fire alarm systems
This webinar explains the National Fire Alarm Code (NFPA 72) as it relates to minimum levels of required performance, design criteria for fire alarm systems (based upon building occupancy), fire alarm system components, system essentials, testing, maintenance, and system acceptance.
Participants in this live, interactive webinar will learn how to interpret the National Fire Alarm Code and determine its applicability and retroactivity.
We will take a thorough look at the application, installation, performance, and maintenance of fire alarm systems and their components. Special attention will be given to the different types of fire alarm system components, such as initiating devices, notification devices, annunciation panels, fire alarm control units (FACP), and system wiring requirements.
We will also discuss power supplies, mechanical protection, secondary power supply requirements, and calculating system capacities.
Upcoming start dates
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The different types of fire alarm systems
- Relevant codes, standards, and publications for fire alarm systems
- Fire alarm system components
- How to calculate system capacity and secondary power supply requirements
- Wiring requirements for signaling line circuits (SLC) and initiating device circuits (IDC)
- How to determine which type of initiation device is best suited for a particular building location
- Requirements for the installation of an annunciation panel
- Inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...