Engineering Triumphs: Living Large and Material World (WEBINAR)PDHengineer
Engineering Triumphs: Living Large and Material World (WEBINAR)
All available course dates
In Engineering Triumphs: Living Large and Material World , you'll learn ...
- How engineers use diverse technical fields to turn imagination into reality
- How “little” unique engineering achievements drive the ability of the world to “Live Large”
- How the innovative selection of materials can make engineering projects successful
Design engineers draw upon diverse technical fields in their quest to turn imagination into reality. New challenges bring new problems. The design engineer must seek candidate solutions, analyze options, and ultimately make decisions affecting the success of each project.
Each of the two sections of the Engineering Triumphs presentation is a series of case studies united by an underlying theme. Segments include a technical discussion on some of a project’s critical challenges and innovative solutions. Inclusion of the background, options, and future implications presents the technologies in context for a better overall understanding.
The first portion of the discussion is called Living Large. Large machines and structures inspire us like no other engineering achievement. While their size alone might be impressive enough, many of the underlying technologies are often quite innovative in their own right. Living Large examines some of these successes through discussions of cement preheaters, the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge, the Airbus 380, and mining industry grinding mills.
The second portion is entitled Material World. This presentation examines how designers solve problems through material selection. Material World explores the innovative use of materials in diverse applications, such as armor, space exploration, and industrial equipment. Also included is a straightforward technique for reviewing material choices on an environmental basis.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The fundamentals and design principles of cement preheaters
- Solutions to challenges faced by the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge designers
- The implications of building the world’s largest passenger jet
- How engineers design large mining industry grinding mills
- Suspension bridge history and overview
- Akashi Kaikyo Bridge main cable design
- Effects of aircraft size on design and logistics
- Introduction to tumbling mills
- Large fastener solutions
- Operating principles of gearless mill drives
- Some unique armor design solutions
- The applications of aerogels in space exploration
- A method for assessing environmental impact of material selection
- How porous ceramics were used in the redesign a fluid bed conveyor
- Basics of auxetic materials
- Auxetic materials in armor and other applications
- Aerogels as insulating materials.
- Aerogels for collection of space dust.
- Introduction to Ashby plots.
- Use of Ashby plots for environmental design.
- Introduction to porous ceramic materials.
- Applications of porous ceramics in fluid bed conveyors.
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...