Nanomaterials for Civil and Environmental Applications
This course will introduce students to the field of nanotechnology with a special emphasis on nanomaterials synthesis, characterizations and their applications in civil and environmental engineering. The specific applications will include, but not limited to, tailoring mechanical property, durability, self-cleaning, self-sealing, self-sensing, energy harvesting and other multi-functionality. It integrates the fields of materials science, civil engineering and electrical engineering. The basic concepts will be discussed including nano-scale effect, process-structure-property relationship, nano- and micro-structure property characterizations, multi-functional materials, nano-device fabrication and their applications for energy harvesting, water infiltrations and environmental sensing. lab will be provided to students enrolled in the course to learn nano and micro-structure characterizations skills.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Learners in this course should have successfully completed edX course, Fundamentals of Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology or equivalent.
- Nanomaterials in Civil Application
- Concrete Mechanical Property
- Nanomaterials for Improvement of Microstructure and Mechanical Performance
- Brittle Strengthening Mechanism
- Concrete Durability
- Corrosion, FT and Scaling
- Sulfate Attack and ASR
- Nanomaterials for Self-Healing Concrete
- Nanomaterials for Self-Cleaning Concrete
- Thermal Energy Harvesting
- Introduction to NDT Methods
- Nanomaterials for Early Age Strength Sensing
- Nanomaterials for Self-Sensing Concrete
- Nanomaterials for Internal Curing
- Nanotechnology for Environmental Applications Overview
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Air Pollution Control
- Soil Remediation
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Purdue University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$750
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Basic concepts of nanomaterials and nanostructures
- Nanomaterials fabrication methods
- Nanotechnology for materials properties modifications
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...