Graduate Certificate in Civil Engineering: Structural
This graduate certificate will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the structural engineering industry. Students with a background in civil, construction, transport, and systems engineering will especially benefit from this program as it prepares them for further career development in the structural engineering industry. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
Who should attend?
- Hold a recognized bachelor degree (or above) in engineering or science in a congruent field of practice*,
- Have completed the equivalent of first-year Bachelor level mathematics, or are able to demonstrate recognized relevant work experience.
- Have an appropriate level of English Language Proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0)**, or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Engineering Materials
- Structural Design Part 1 – Advanced Topics on Reinforced Concrete Design
- Project, Design and Construction Management 3
Course delivery details
Our graduate certificates take six months to complete. We deliver our online graduate certificates on a part-time intensive basis. Part-time Students are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week per unit learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
The society in which we live today is fundamentally dependent on the structures that structural engineers design and deliver. This graduate certificate addresses a very fundamental requirement in our society, the ability to provide structural engineering services which deliver safe and reliable structures. You will be able to identify, critically analyse and creatively solve intellectually complex, specialized professional engineering problems relevant to civil and structural engineering.
The curriculum covers a diverse range of topics geared to producing well-rounded graduates equipped with the knowledge that employers require. This program aims to provide the student with a multitude of tools and techniques, including those that tackle specific organizational problems and also those needed to design and implement engineering structures.
Certification / Credits
Like all Australian higher education providers and universities, EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). This Graduate Certificate is a formally recognized qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Town planning
Contact this provider
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only higher education providers in the world specializing in engineering and is fully accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government, giving you access to world class, industry-oriented education....