Online - Master of Engineering (Civil: Structural)Engineering Institute of Technology
Online - Master of Engineering (Civil: Structural)
All available course dates
Online - Master of Engineering (Civil: Structural)
The Master of Engineering Civil Structural will equip you with the necessary skills to address the demands of the structural engineering industry. Students with a background in civil, construction, transport, and systems engineering will especially benefit from this program as it prepares them for further career development in the structural engineering industry. Upon completion of this program, you will gain skills and knowledge in the latest and developing technologies in civil and structural engineering.
The society in which we live today is fundamentally dependent on the structures that structural engineers design and deliver. This Master of Engineering (Civil: Structural), therefore, addresses the specific core competencies and associated underpinning knowledge required of structural engineers.
Who should attend?
To gain entry into this program, we require applicants to hold:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0***), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy; AND
- Evidence of mathematical competence by means of completion of courses/units which include:
- Complex Numbers,
- Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs) and Series,
- Multivariable Calculus, and
- Linear Algebra
With integrated compulsory twelve-week professional industry experience, training or project work of which six weeks are directly supervised by a professional/eligible professional engineer as determined by EIT.
Congruent field of practice means one of the following with adequate Civil Engineering content (fields not listed below to be considered by the Dean and the Admissions Committee on a case-by-case basis):
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Transport Engineering
- Urban Engineering
- Material Systems
- Project Engineering
Applicants may have a maximum of one individual band of 5.5 and be granted entry subject to the provision of English language support by EIT.
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Engineering Materials
- Structural Design Part 1 – Advanced Topics on Reinforced Concrete Design
- Project, Design and Construction Management
- Advanced Structural Engineering Methods Part 1
- Structural Design Part 2 – Advanced Topics on Steel Design
- Structural Dynamics
- Engineering Practice and Key Research Methodologies
- Advanced Structural Engineering Methods Part 2
- Earthquake Structural Design
- Structural Refurbishment and Structural Failure
- Design of High Rise Structures and Bridges
- Project Thesis
Course delivery details
Our master’s degrees take two years to complete. We deliver our online master’s degrees on a part-time intensive basis. Part-time students are expected to spend approximately 20 hours per week learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
The curriculum covers a diverse range of topics geared to producing well-rounded graduates equipped with the knowledge that employers require. This master’s program aims to provide the student with a multitude of tools and techniques, including those that tackle specific organizational problems and also those needed to design and implement engineering structures.
The Project Thesis is the capstone unit of the program and draws on the topic and reinforces the knowledge and skill base developed in the preceding units. As a significant research component of the program, this project will facilitate research, and critical evaluation along with the application of knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative, enabling students to critique and potentially enhance current professional practice in the civil engineering industry. The Project Thesis requires a high level of personal autonomy and accountability.
- Per 3CP Unit USD $1,410.00
- Per 12CP Unit (ME700) USD $5,641.00
- Total Course Fees USD $22,564.00
Certification / Credits
Like all Australian higher education providers and universities, EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA).
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Town planning
About Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only higher education providers in the world specializing in engineering and is fully accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government, giving you access to world class, industry-oriented education....
Contact this provider
Engineering Institute of Technology
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team