Graduate Certificate in Civil Engineering (Structural Analysis and Design)
The Graduate Certificate in Civil Engineering (Structural Analysis and Design) is a postgraduate qualification course that includes masters level units as part of the program. This Graduate Certificate will provide you with an opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge in the area of structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete and steel.
It offers an opportunity for industry professionals in the field to enhance their structural analysis skills without having to complete a full Master’s degree.
Who should attend?
- Hold a recognized bachelor degree (or above) in engineering or science in a congruent field of practice*,
- Have completed the equivalent of first-year Bachelor level mathematics, or are able to demonstrate recognized relevant work experience.
- Have an appropriate level of English Language Proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0)**, or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Engineering Materials
- Structural Design Part 1 – Advanced Topics on Reinforced Concrete Design
- Structural Design Part 2 – Advanced Topics on Steel Design
Course delivery details
Our graduate certificates take six months to complete. We deliver our online graduate certificates on a part-time intensive basis. Part-time Students are expected to spend approximately 10-15 hours per week per unit learning the program material and completing assessments. This includes attending tutorials.
Advanced structural analysis is a key area of focus for engineers dealing with the design and construction of complex structures. The Graduate Certificate in Civil Engineering (Structural Analysis and Design) covers knowledge and skills needed in the structural design of various construction materials covering mainly reinforced concrete, steel, and their composites.
The learning outcomes of the course are designed to equip graduates with the professional engineering skills and knowledge required to analyze and solve complex engineering problems.#BBD0E0»
Certification / Credits
Like all Australian higher education providers and universities, EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). This Graduate Certificate is a formally recognized qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
As a graduate from this course, you have increased employability in the areas of structural engineering, construction engineering and civil engineering.
Contact this provider
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only higher education providers in the world specializing in engineering and is fully accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government, giving you access to world class, industry-oriented education....