Certified Safety Manager-Construction (CSM-C) - Online
This Construction Safety Manager Certification is an indication to employers, potential employers, regulatory agencies, and the courts that you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to a level of proficiency expected of a professional who is capable of working with little or no supervision while managing the safety programs, policies, and procedures common to the construction industry.
Creating a safety culture, especially in construction, can be difficult. This course will provide the tools necessary to implement proper safety training and an effective safety program. Students will learn how to understand and interpret regulations, avoid civil and criminal liability, increase worker morale, reduce workers comp rates and most importantly, minimize or eliminate injuries wherever construction activities may occur. This course is also offered online.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Prerequisites and Authorization:
The CSM-C is a foundational course which requires no prerequisites; however, prior knowledge of workplace safety is highly recommended. Upon completion, a CSM-C is authorized to teach some of the courses by NASP.
Our Certified Safety Manager: Construction (CSMC) Certification will allow you to do the following:
- Study of primary, OSHA required, workplace safety topics
- Information to qualify you as a safety expert and manager
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Save money by developing your own safety programs
- Avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations
- Establish acceptable analysis and documentation of workplace hazards
- Manage workplace safety inspections and audits
- Investigate, analyze and document workplace accidents and root cause analysis
- Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques
Certification / Credits
4.0 CEUs are offered for this course. NASP is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education (IACET) to issue CEUs. These will be reflected on the Certificate upon successful completion of the course and passing the exam.
Contact this provider
National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
The National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP) has been offering professional development courses, both online and in a classroom style format, for almost two decades. Our commitment to training adults in a variety of environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements...