Hazard Communication Train-the-Trainer
This 2-day course will provide students with a thorough explanation of the Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) Standard, how to develop and implement a HAZCOM program in your workplace, how to conduct HAZCOM training, and much more!
- Meet the Train-the-Trainer requirements for individuals doing in-house training
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Save money by developing your own HAZCOM programs
- Avoid OSHA fines, civil and criminal liability for HAZCOM-related incidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA’s 1910.1200 regulations
- Take home a resource library of PowerPoints, sample plans, programs, and inspection checklists
- Obtain valuable CEUs (1.6) required by current certifications
- Click here to see the daily class schedule
Who should attend?
The Hazard Communication Train-the-Trainer is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites; however, prior knowledge of workplace safety is highly recommended.
This course will cover, in detail:
- Adult Training Methodologies
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Types of labelling systems
- GHS Pictograms
- Chemical Inventorying
- Elements of Safety Data Sheets and how to maintain them
- Writing Your HAZCOM Program
- Employee training requirements
- Periodic Inspections
- OSHA Interpretations & Rulings
Course delivery details
The class will be held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Thursday and 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Friday.
Students will receive:
- Student Reference Manual and Handout Materials
- Sample Plans and Programs
- Sample Audit and Checklist Forms
- Customizable PowerPoints
- Student Outlines, Handouts, and Tests to be Used at Your Facility
Three or more students from the same company will receive a $100 discount per student if they sign up for the same course date and location.
Certification / Credits
(1.6) CEUs are offered for this course.
Contact this provider
National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
The National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP) has been offering professional development courses, both online and in a classroom style format, for almost two decades. Our commitment to training adults in a variety of environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements...