Lockout Tagout Train-the-Trainer
This 2-day course will provide students with extensive knowledge on performing proper lockout tagout operations, developing an HECP, and identifying proper EIDs and LOTO devices. Students will be able to understand when group LOTO is necessary and understand the requirement for contractors, communication, and training.
- Meet the Train-the-Trainer requirements for individuals doing in-house training
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Save money by developing your own LOTO & HECP programs
- Avoid OSHA fines, civil and criminal liability for LOTO-related incidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA’s 1910.147 regulations
- Take home a resource library of PowerPoints, sample plans, programs, and inspection checklists
- Obtain valuable CEUs (1.6) required by current certifications
- Click here to see the daily class schedule
Who should attend?
The Lockout Tagout Train-the-Trainer is a foundational course that requires no prerequisites; however, prior knowledge of workplace safety is highly recommended.
This course will cover, in detail:
- Adult Training Methodologies
- Definition of LOTO
- Hazardous Energy Control Procedure (HECP)
- Exceptions to Rule (Cord and Plug)
- Energy Isolation Devices
- Lockout Tagout Devices
- Six Step Process to Proper LOTO
- Developing Your LOTO Program
- LOTO and NFPA 70E
- Group LOTO
- Training for Affected and Authorized Personnel
- Periodic Inspections
- OSHA Interpretations & Rulings
Course delivery details
The class will be held from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday and 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Wednesday. Lunch will be provided both days, with snacks and refreshments served daily.
Students will receive:
- Student Reference Manual and Handout Materials
- Sample Plans and Programs
- Sample Audit and Checklist Forms
- Customizable PowerPoints
- Student Outlines, Handouts, and Tests to be Used at Your Facility
Three or more students from the same company will receive a $100 discount per student if they sign up for the same course date and location.
Certification / Credits
(1.6) CEUs are offered for this course.
Contact this provider
National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
The National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP) has been offering professional development courses, both online and in a classroom style format, for almost two decades. Our commitment to training adults in a variety of environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements...