Legal Dangers of Social Media Recruiting
Gain an understanding of the legal risks that are associated with the internet employee recruitment process.
With employer access to more information in the internet age, many have decided to utilize web-based social media outlets as a source of recruiting data for possible employees. However, in utilizing such sources of information, employers must be aware of the legal risks associated with accessing such internet avenues as part of their employee recruitment process. This course will cover the use of such recruitment tools and what legal limitations apply in this area to hopefully help you navigate the legal channels associated with the use of such sources of recruitment information.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for human resource managers, personnel managers, recruiters, employee relations managers, business owners and managers, benefits and payroll professionals, accountants, and attorneys.
Understanding the Legal Risks
- Knowing the Limits on What Information May Be Considered During Recruiting Process
- Learning About the Limits on What Can Be Considered in Making Hiring Decisions
- Properly Training Persons Involved in Recruiting Process on the Legal Risks
Knowing the Laws Implicated
- Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Retaliation Laws
- Following All Required Background Check Laws
- Understanding Ban-The-Box and Recent Legal Changes in Area of Obtaining Recruitment Information
Minimizing the Legal Risks
- Ensuring Lack of Exposure Thorough Understanding of the Law
- Appreciating the Legal Risks Involved
- Utilization of Alternative Methods of Obtaining Recruitment Information
Certification / Credits
Credits: ASA ,CLE
- You will be able to define risk situations better.
- You will be able to identify legal issues associated with the use of social media as a recruiting tool.
- You will be able to recognize what laws may be implicated by your social media explorations.
- You will be able to explain to persons involved in the companys hiringrecruitment process the best ways to utilize social media tools with the least legal risk.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...