Advanced Application of Design Thinking #2 - 3-Day Workshop
This is the final three-day workshop in the Innovation Agent Certification program. It includes a pre-workshop webinar, an assignment to be completed before and presented at the workshop, and a post-workshop webinar.
This course is intended for those who plan to implement design thinking as an established practice within an organization, or independent consultants who plan to lead design thinking training engagements.
- Learn to design and facilitate introductory design thinking sessions in your work
- Guided practice of presentation and facilitation of design thinking introductory sessions
- Design and customize your own design thinking session
- Learn to use workshop materials and content
- Collaborate with Innovationship and others in the program to optimize your introductory design thinking session
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Lead one-day design thinking workshops within their organization
- Inspire others to work with a mindset for human-centered innovation
- Lead teams through key innovation sessions, such as: brainstorming, synthesis, field research, and prototyping
- Serve as assistants to Innovationship’s staff in advanced design thinking trainings and courses
- Join the global network of Innovation Agents for ongoing support, coaching, continuous learning, and inspiration
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This workshop is only open to those who have completed the first two modules in the three-part series, Application of Design Thinking and Advanced Application of Design Thinking 1.
This course is intended for managers who intend to lead innovation efforts within an organization, whether at the team or department level, as well as independent consultants who want greater knowledge of this important set of skills.
After completion, participants are certified Innovation Agents, qualified to deliver a one-day Introduction to Design Thinking workshop.
- 3 weeks before workshop: participants receive personal project instructions
- 2 weeks before workshop: live webinar for participants with Innovationship
- 3-day workshop
- o Participants present Personal Project work on Day 1
- 2 weeks after workshop: live webinar for participants with Innovationship
Pre-Workshop Personal Project
This assignment will engage students before the workshop in order to:
- Practice application of the design thinking skills learned in Modules #1 and #2
- Opportunity to evaluate each participant's level of design thinking experience when they present their assignment on Day 1 of the workshop
- Create the “Module community” by having all participants engage in similar task, join a live webinar, and prepare their introductions for the start of the 3-day workshop
On registration (3 weeks prior to the workshop) all registered participants will receive a written description of their Personal Project assignment and an invitation to join a live webinar with Innovationship partners.
Live webinar (up to 120 min; 2 weeks prior to workshop)
In this webinar, we will approve and give participants advice on their personal projects and answer questions regarding the assignment.
MODULE #3 WORKSHOP
- Introductions and presentations of personal projects
- How to design and facilitate an introductory design thinking workshop
- How to use materials in the workshop
- How to choose a topic for the workshop
- Participants start designing the workshop they will give in their workplace
- How to facilitate workshops
- Working with groups and group dynamics
- How to deal with resistance and obstacles
- Participants continue to design the workshop they will give in their workplace
- Participants finish their design and present to the group
- Learn the application of Innovation Made Personal
- Closure and next steps
POST-WORKSHOP WEBINAR (two weeks after workshop)
- Innovation Agents talk about integration of learnings into their work place
- Questions and answers regarding next steps and application
- Discussion of the Innovation Agent community, including ongoing support, material updates, activities, and advanced training programs
Please contact Innovationship for pricing.
Certification / Credits
After completion, participants are certified Innovation Agents, qualified to deliver a one-day Introduction to Design Thinking workshop. Each participant will get a certificate of completion and access to Innovationship resources and guidance.
Contact this provider
Innovationship - Experts in Design Thinking
Innovationship was formed out of a shared passion for helping people to apply the creative, collaborative approach of design thinking to solve tough problems. Starting in the 1980s, the founders worked together both as colleagues at IDEO and in their...