Advanced Application of Design Thinking #1 - 3-Day Workshop
Building on the basic skills taught in the previous workshop, each team will go deeper into three of the necessary skills that are at the core of design thinking: brainstorming, synthesis, and observation techniques, with additional time spent on effective storytelling and potential challenges new practitioners may face. There are some presentations, but the focus is on guided activities, including in-depth exercises, field observations, roundtable discussion, and more.
After completion, participants will be qualified to attend Advanced Application of Design Thinking 2.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Practice and apply key skills of the design thinking process
- Set up and facilitate structured brainstorming sessions
- Design and practice field studies, including observation and interviews
- Help teams synthesize data and insights to converge on a unified
- Inspire and excite others to lean about design thinking
- Apply for participation in FC05: Advanced Application of Design Thinking #2
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This workshop is only open to those who have completed the first module in the series, Application of Design Thinking.
This course is intended for managers who intend to lead innovation efforts within an organization, whether at the team or department level, as well as independent consultants and makers who want to increase their skills and knowledge of design thinking.
After completion, participants are qualified to attend Advanced Application of Design Thinking 2.
Participants work in teams of 4-6 on multiple challenges and exercises.
- Review and reflect on experience in Application of Design Thinking workshop
- Brainstorming: Deep Dive
- A series of talks, demonstrations, and exercises to gain expertise in leading and participating in brainstorms, including set-up, facilitation, and follow-up
- Synthesis: Deep Dive
- Using the output of the brainstorming sessions, teams will learn to organize, categorize, and find useful themes and patterns within a large amount of data
- Observations: Deep Dive
- Participants will get guided practice through observation and interview techniques and complete a real-world field observation
- Synthesis for Need-finding: Deep Dive
- Teams will work through observation data, learning to go from data to insights, and from insights to needs
- Storytelling and Presentation
- Constructing a human journey and creating effective stories in order to create an empathic presentation that your audience can identify with
- Discussion on ways to integrate design thinking practices into existing organizational routines and processes
- Summary and reflection
Please contact Innovationship for pricing.
Certification / Credits
Each participant will get a certificate of completion.
Contact this provider
Innovationship - Experts in Design Thinking
Innovationship was formed out of a shared passion for helping people to apply the creative, collaborative approach of design thinking to solve tough problems. Starting in the 1980s, the founders worked together both as colleagues at IDEO and in their...