The Citizen Developer Mindset: Creating Business Solutions with Design Thinking
This course describes the concept of design thinking and how it is used to create empathy for the customer's challenges and needs. Training professionals will use design thinking to create effective training programs designed specifically to help citizen developers succeed.
Citizen developers must work as partners with the IT department. The training department can be the conduit between citizen developers and the IT department. To be good partners, citizen developers need to be trained in these skills:
- Cybersecurity essentials.
- Collaboration skills and being a good partner.
- The software development lifecycle and when to call in extra help and guidance from the IT Department
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Module One - The Citizen Developer Revolution
- Module Two - A Tour of the No-Code/Low-Code Tools
- Module Three - The Citizen Developer Persona
- Module Four - Why Citizen Developers Need a Robust Training Program
- Module Five - How Learning and Development Departments Can Make Citizen Development Better
- Module One - What is Design Thinking?
- Module Two - Empathy - The Design Thinking Superpower
- Module Three - Observe, Empathize, and Solving: Design Thinking Tools
- Module Four - Prototyping through No-Code/Low-Code Tools
- Module Five - Case Study - The Design Thinking Workshop
- Module One - Building the Citizen Developer Design Thinking Course - Analysis
- Module Two - Building the Citizen Developer Design Thinking Course - Design
- Module Three - Building the Citizen Developer Design Thinking Course - Development
- Module Four - Building the Citizen Developer Design Thinking Course - Implementation
- Module Five - Building the Citizen Developer Design Thinking Course - Evaluation
- Module One - Building and Facilitating Great Workshops - Planning Impactful Workshops
- Module Two - Building and Facilitating Great Workshops - Great Facilitation Techniques
- Module Three - Building and Facilitating Great Workshops - Holding an Effective Lessons Learned Session
- Module Four - Building and Facilitating Great ONLINE Workshops - Part One
- Module Five - Building and Facilitating Great ONLINE Workshops - Part Two
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Maryland, College Park, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Trainers will teach citizen developers Observation techniques to scope out the customer's problem fully.
- Trainers will expose citizen developers to Empathy techniques to help citizen developers better understand the causes of the customer's problem.
- Trainers will teach citizen developers a variety of Solution techniques to develop no-code/low-code apps that will meet the customer’s needs.
- Then, the citizen developer is taught Prototyping techniques to build possible solutions to test how well their no-code/low-code apps solve the customer's problems.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...