Entrepreneurship: Venture Finance Programme
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Oxford
A lack of funding, not knowing how to spend it effectively, and not adequately balancing the risks of venture financing are just some of the reasons that startups fail. Gaining an understanding of venture finance could enable you to secure funding for a business and help it to realise its potential, whether as an investment or your own entrepreneurial venture.
The Oxford Entrepreneurship: Venture Finance Programme aims to provide you with this understanding through an exploration of the nature and dynamics of venture finance. Over the course of eight weeks, you’ll embark on an online learning journey that covers various investment avenues, including venture capital funds and crowdfunding. Led by Saïd Business School, University of Oxford faculty and industry experts, you’ll use a ‘two-hat’ approach to investigate venture finance from the perspective of both an entrepreneur and an investor. This programme also explores how to navigate the funding process, from the initial fundraising to the final exit strategy.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Is this programme for you?
The coursework of this online programme is aimed at those who are planning, or currently involved in, a new business and would like to gain a comprehensive understanding of venture capital financing. It’s also ideal for current or aspiring investors wanting to break into the industry. Investors will learn to analyse different funding opportunities, while entrepreneurs will learn how to effectively present and prepare their venture as they go about the fundraising process. Basic financial knowledge or business acumen is recommended.
Investigate how entrepreneurs and investors experience the funding cycle, as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online programme.
Welcome to your Online Campus
The investment cycle
Valuation: Art or science?
Scaling up and scaling down
Cashing in on success
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks Excluding orientation
- 7–10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- This Oxford Entrepreneurship: Venture Finance Programme is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The programme has an estimated 80 hours of learning.
- Gain an understanding of venture finance online and earn an official certificate of attendance from Oxford Saïd.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the programme handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the programme.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the programme, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this programme, you’ll walk away with:
- A comprehensive understanding of how new ventures are financed from an entrepreneur and investor perspective, and the types of investments available.
- Practical skills to navigate the funding process, assess project valuations, and determine financial projections for a fundraising pitch deck.
- An opportunity to network with and learn alongside a global cohort of like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, and venture capitalists.
- Guidance from leading industry experts and Oxford Saïd faculty.
- Unlimited access to both the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn and 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...