Business Sustainability Management
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Cambridge
As awareness of climate change, resource scarcity, pollution, and social inequality rises, businesses and governments are being held increasingly responsible. There is a need to promote sustainable development and champion positive change. By taking this Business Sustainability Management online short course, you’ll gain the insights needed to become that change, and set yourself up for success.
Learn to develop and motivate an action plan for sustainable business practices and consider corporate sustainability in your organisation, guided by the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), a globally influential institute developing leadership and solutions for a sustainable economy.1 By addressing the challenges of implementation in both public and private sectors, you’ll develop the skills to overcome them and seize the opportunities associated with creating a sustainable business. Adapt to growing global concerns and shifting landscapes and lead positive change throughout your sphere of influence.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This online short course from CISL is geared towards working professionals who want to strengthen corporate social responsibility efforts and implement sustainability into their organisation, while responding to its associated challenges. The course is also suitable for entrepreneurs wanting to identify new sustainable social, economic, and environmental opportunities, and who need to expand their knowledge on the role and importance of sustainability in their business.
Learn to integrate sustainability management into your business strategy, as you work through the weekly modules of this online course.
Sustainability challenges and opportunities
The business case and leadership for action
Regulatory environment and international policy
Production and consumption
Design, technology, and planning for sustainability
Communication and marketing
Collaboration and partnerships
Rewiring your business approach
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 8-12 hours per week,Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Study business sustainability management and earn a certificate of completion from the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- A practical sustainability action plan to overcome the barriers and aid in seizing the opportunities associated with creating a sustainable business.
- Insight into the potential of disruptive innovative design and technology to enable business sustainability and support sustainable development.
- An understanding of the international regulations surrounding environmental best practices, the importance of sustainability in production and consumption, and how this will affect your organisation.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...