Private Equity: Venture Capital, Growth Capital & LBO
Private markets attract a considerable amount of attention and enthusiasm for their performance, diversification effects, and growth of assets under management. Among the different strategies, private equity capitalises on new technologies and trends (venture capital), fast growth companies (growth capital), repositioning of assets and strategic evolutions (leveraged buyouts). Private debt aims at providing investors a differentiated exposure to yield (senior/direct lending), possibly including capital gains (mezzanine debt) and to company restructuring (distressed debt, loan-to-own). Private real assets (private real estate, private infrastructure, timber, natural resources) offer different combinations of yield capital gains, inflation protection and downside protection. All these strategies share common traits, such as the use of equity and debt instruments, over a rather long duration, with active involvement of fund managers and negotiation of specific rights, usually to support high risk/high return projects.
MODULE 1: PRIVATE EQUITY FOR INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS AND CONSULTANTS (2 DAYS)
Private equity: asset allocation, instruments and strategies
- The three dimensions of private markets investing
- Asset allocation and private markets
- Private equity funds: functioning and selection
- Q&A and wrap-up
How to convince investors and keep them happy? Fund raising and structuring, investors relations
- Who are the investors and how do they think
- Fund raising: a permanent process
- Role playing game: the case of a mid-market BO fund raising
- Communicating: reporting, AGM and other channels
- Q&A and wrap-up
MODULE 2: PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTING (Directly or in Funds)
Investing: Funds, funds-of-funds, mandates, co-investments
- Setting the right environment
- Selecting funds and fund managers
- The temptation of co-investing
Investing in private companies: sourcing, analysing, negotiating, creating value and exiting
- Investment framework
- Analysing a deal: mid-market cleaning company (business case I)
- Analysing a deal: the case of a mid-market cleaning company (business case II)
- The deal and post-investment activities
- Exiting a deal: IPO, trade sale, secondary sale,...
Course fee: £3645+VAT
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...