Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
If you're involved in a nonprofit organization, you likely know all too well the importance of budgeting. In this course, you will gain an understanding of the uses and functions of budgets and the relationship between strategic budgeting and tactical budgeting. You will also learn about the organization-wide budget and different budget systems. After introducing the basics of budgeting in a nonprofit, the course continues on to slightly more advanced budgeting topics such as capital budgets, cash flow budgets, and opportunity budgets. You will also learn how nonprofit organizations are using different budgeting techniques to handle operating challenges.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Explain the uses and functions of nonprofit budgeting
- Describe the different types of budgets used by a nonprofit organization
- Recognize the use of the organization-wide operating budget and program operating budgets
- Explain how an operating budget is created
- Analyze a nonprofit operating budget through variance analysis
- Describe how a capital budget is used and created
- Explain the importance of a cash flow budget and describe how it is created
- Recognize how the budget process can be managed for optimal results
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.3 CEUs / 3 HRCIs / 3 SHRMs / 3 CFREs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...