Contract Law School
This course is tailored for everyone seeking to enhance their professionalism in legal writing and drafting contracts. Legal writing deals with expressing complex legal ideas practically, in plain, understandable English.
This workshop is also useful to those working with contracts. It will enable them to improve their knowledge of contract law and learn the necessary skills of writing clear, concise contracts, legal texts and correspondence and covers various types of documents and writing.
This practical workshop provides much-needed skills and knowledge needed by professionals (including bankers and financiers) to ensure that they gain solid working understanding of the principles and basics of writing, perusing and drafting contracts.
This course is tailored for everyone seeking to enhance their professionalism in contract negotiation.
This practical workshop provides much-needed skills and knowledge needed by professionals (including bankers and financiers) to ensure that they gain solid working understanding of the art of negotiation skills.
It covers the principles and techniques critical for effective negotiation, providing skills and tactics needed for successful negotiations, leading to ‘win-win’ solutions and positive outcomes.
Who should attend?
Who should attend:
- All credit and legal executives and managers (frontline and back-room)
- Executives and managers involved with negotiation and documentation of loans
- Executives and managers involved in loan recovery, debt restructuring and litigation processes
- Legal officers and inhouse legal counsels in corporations and businesses
- Legal practitioners
Contract Law School: Module 1 - Legal Writing and Contract Drafting (3 days)
- Legal Writing Skills: Structure Of Legal Writing
- Strategies for effective legal writing
- Legal letters, emails, memoranda and opinions
- Legal Writing Skills: Style Of Legal Writing
- Elements of good style
- What to avoid
- Summary: Writing legal documents: language and structure
- Contract Drafting
- Understanding contract purpose and form
- Structure and Format of Commercial Agreements
- Examination of some common commercial agreements
- Analysis of Clauses commonly drafted in Commercial Contracts
- Perusing Documentation and Clauses in Contracts
- Detailed Examination of a sample commercial contract
- Understanding Contract Clauses
- Common terms and phrases in contracts
Contract Law School: Module 2 - Contract Negotiation (2 days)
- Negotiation Skills, Styles and Tools
- Fundamentals of Negotiations
- Basis of successful negotiations - 3 A’s
- Qualities of a good negotiator
- Negotiation Strategies
- Preparing for negotiation
- Developing the parameters of the negotiation
- Preparing the logistics
- Preparing for the other side
- Negotiation Process
- Exploring positions
- The Opening Stage
- The Exploration Stage
- The Agreement Stage
- Breaking deadlocks
- Concluding the Negotiation
- Negotiating Power and Persuasion
- Negotiating power
- Four steps from power to persuasion
- Legal issues
- Ethics in negotiation
- Factors leading to an unsuccessful negotiation
- Principles for successful constructive negotiations
- Achieving resolution/agreement in contracts
Course delivery details
- In class workshop.
- Lectures, exercises, case-studies, group discussions and presentations, Q&As.
Certification / Credits
By attending this workshop, Participants will:
- Acquire the skills of writing legal English and general correspondence and be enabled to write clear, concise contracts, letters and documents.
- Obtain knowledge on, and be able to understand and express, legal concepts and deal with legal writing and documentation
- Learn the skills of drafting (as well as perusing and checking) legal documents more effectively.
- Be equipped with the skills necessary in order to write and communicate more persuasively and to deal effectively with lawyers, customers and others.
- This 3-day intensive Workshop, delivered face-to-face, is designed with the principal objective of providing a working understanding of the principles and techniques of writing, perusing and drafting contracts, thus enhancing professionalism.
- Learn the techniques and strategies necessary to negotiate more persuasively and to deal effectively with lawyers, customers and others.
- Enhance their skills in effective negotiation and develop negotiation strategies (including the planning and framing processes; and the handling of the phases of a negotiation).
- Acquire practical skills in navigating conflict situations; and be able to practically apply relevant philosophy and techniques in the negotiation process to resolve conflicts or to reach agreements or settlements.
- This 2-day intensive Workshop, delivered face-to-face, is designed with the principal objective of providing a working understanding of the principles and techniques critical for effective negotiation, and the skills and tactics needed for successful negotiations.
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...